Backend Engineer - Application Engineering
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
Captiv8 brings unrivaled audience insights and accountability to the influencer space, along with thoughtful, creative storytelling to power the most effective and memorable social content.
Captiv8 is an AI-powered global influencer platform connecting and delivering influencers, audiences, and brands at scale: We work with top Fortune brands like Verizon, Walmart, Ford, Amazon, Kraft Heinz, and many others. Captiv8’s platform features passionate influencers across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Snapchat, YouTube, and other social channels with an extensive global audience reach. We offer a full stack of data-driven products and services, bringing to life powerful content that is targeted, compelling, and memorable. We have spent the last eight years streamlining branded content creation and measurement for brand marketers and agencies.
The founding team is composed of proven industry leaders who have over $1B in acquisitions, managed over $600M+ in revenue, and have taken two companies public. Their latest venture was one of the largest monetization platforms in the world for the mobile-first economy.
Captiv8 partners with credible institutions, including Social+Capital, Subtraction Capital, Launch Fund, and many others.
This is a Mid - Sr. level Engineer position focused on our core roadmap development. You will be assisting in the understanding of the architecture, implementation, and quality of core company products intended to drive the company forward. The ability to work with a team and collaborate is essential.
We are migrating our codebase from a PHP codebase to a Go microservices architecture. You have two options:
● If you are a professional PHP developer, you must be interested in learning Go and mastering it.
● If you are a professional Go developer, you must be prepared to read and, sometimes, extend the PHP codebase.
You will focus on solidifying our product and making it resilient as well as learning how to roll out enterprise-ready features.
- Responsible for designing, testing, developing, operating, and maintaining products, following architectural and coding standards.
- Consistently writes production-ready code that is easily testable, easily understood by other developers, and accounts for edge cases and errors.
- Uses systematic debugging to diagnose cross-service issues and is adept at using a range of tools to detect when there is an incident and raises this with stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Takes ownership of incidents that fall in their domain and may be involved in the resolution of an incident or provide assistance to others on resolving incidents.
- Proactive in learning from code reviews from the team and resolving open code reviews in a timely manner.
- Understands their team's testing approach and uses quality metrics to identify gaps.
- Actively participates and understands Scrum while developing a point of view on an effective software delivery process.
- Four - Eight years of relevant experience.
- 1+ years of experience in design, development, and triaging for large, complex systems.
- 1+ years working in PHP/Laravel or Go.
- Have experience in implementing microservices (using tools and technologies for messaging, RPC, containerization, etc).
- Understanding of containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of SQL schema design and experience working with NoSQL databases, SOLID principles, and REST API design.
- Experience using CI/CD processes for application software integration and deployment using industry-standard tools.
- Agile Software Development (typically Scrum, Kanban, SAFe)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or relevant equivalent experience.
- Our shared language across the company is English, so competency in reading, writing, and speaking is a requirement.
- Nice to have:
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience in social networks APIs.
*This role will be a hired through a B2B contract