Fund Accountant, Singapore
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to create more owners.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S. and a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
Singapore has been the springboard for companies to expand their businesses internationally and Carta has launched its Singapore office in 2021, riding the wave of increasing international investor interest in the region. We are building a world-class team to support the startup ecosystem and servicing fund managers across Asia Pacific.
The funds industry has been growing rapidly and we would like to add highly motivated, innovative individuals who are willing to “roll up their sleeves” to join the fund administration team. We thrive by putting our customers first, being willing to learn and grow, solving problems as one team, and working with urgency to deliver the best experience to our clients.
Learn more about how we think about fund administration here https://carta.com/blog/building-fund-admin/
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Be the middle/back office team extension for our clients by understanding and prioritizing their needs. Some of the strategic support that we provide includes:
- Pre/post fund close services
- Capital calls/Distributions
- Audit/tax support
- Quarterly and annual financials
- Limited Partner communications
- Create transparency and help our clients make more accurate decisions by helping them utilize our tools and resources.
- Streamline and generate operating efficiencies for our clients.
- Improve our product and software through working with our product and engineering teams to continue to develop our Investor Services product suite
- Turn a service industry into a software business through consulting with clients and implementing our Fund Administration software
The Impact You’ll Have
Our goal is to position Carta as the leading Fund Services group in Asia. As a Fund Accountant at Carta, you will be part of a highly dynamic team to support our goal and the future of the Fund Services business. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with our product, engineering, go-to-market and operation teams, all while growing your foundational knowledge of accounting in an engaging, fast-paced environment.
We are looking for someone that is interested in building their career at the intersection of technology and Fund Administration. Additionally, you are open to constant change and learning as we continue to innovate.
- You have 1 year of professional accounting experience
- You have an accounting or finance degree
- You have experience interpreting and understanding Limited Partnership Agreements, Private Placement Memorandum.
- You have strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills.
- You are interested in providing best-in-class-service.
- You take pride in your ability to communicate effectively and are able to multitask to meet multiple deadlines.
- You have an understanding of Venture Capital, Private Equity, Fund Administration.
- You have advanced Microsoft Office skills and Investran experience.
- You are interested in working on projects in a fast paced environment with a supportive team and as an individual.
- Having CPA/CA qualifications will be an advantage