Senior Procurement Specialist
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to create more owners.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S. and a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
Carta’s dynamic Sourcing & Procurement Team is looking for an experienced Sourcing professional to support various strategic sourcing & procurement related activities. The Senior Procurement Specialist will serve as an essential contributor to enhancing and scaling Carta’s source to pay processes. This team member will report to the Procurement Team’s Senior Manager. The successful candidate for this position will be highly motivated, prepared to adapt to a fast paced environment, has experience in the software industry and a strong understanding of sourcing and procurement concepts.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Build and develop partnerships with Carta’s business stakeholders, helping them to deliver on key initiatives and contribute to the overall success of Carta
- Working collaboratively at senior levels to facilitate their procurement activities to ensure Carta gets favorable business and commercial terms.
- Lead cross-functional management to plan sourcing strategies and supplier management programs aligned with business objectives.
- Analyzing Carta’s current spend and supplier base and ensure our vendors are delivering value out of our current investments.
- Review Carta’s current procurement processes and provide recommendations for process improvement. Drive change management initiatives to improve processes.
- Design, track, generate & update reports and dashboards including but not limited to deal dashboard, Category analysis, and contract renewal calendar.
- Proactively manage upcoming procurement actions such as project timelines, contract renewals, notices, and negotiations.
- Work closely with Carta’s Strategic finance team on spending metrics and budgets to maximize cost-efficiency.
- Support Carta’s Sourcing Manager on RFP projects providing updates, meeting agenda, and meeting minutes/action items.
- Assist in training employees on procurement systems and processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3+ years of experience in indirect procurement, strategic sourcing, and vendor management.
- Ability to analyze data and effectively communicate interpretations and recommendations.
- Ability to develop, cultivate, and maintain complex working internal stakeholder/customer relationships.
- Experience and understanding of the procure-to-pay processes
- Quantitative modeling skills using Excel or other data tools. Looker or Domo.
- Comprehensive knowledge of contract negotiation and sourcing methodologies.
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our minimum cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role is:
- $110,000 - $123,000 in Seattle, WA
Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.
Something looks off?