The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to create more owners.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S. and a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
You’ll be joining our Data Team as an Analytics Engineer. Data is the backbone of our business. We strongly believe it is a competitive advantage and want data to support the work and decisions of every Capdesker. We built the foundations for the analytics function. We now need further support in building out the data function with an additional Analytics Engineer who helps with the implementation of the modern data tool stack consisting of Fivetran, Snowflake, dbt and Looker.
Our analytics function is about 1.5 years old and we’re still a small bunch, so this will be a role with a wide range of responsibilities, from building data models, discussions on metric definitions to building the key dashboards of the company. We’re focusing on building scalable, modular, and reliable data models that enable self-service for our users as well as drive operational processes. Without any specialized data analysts on the team, around 90% of our Looker content is built by business users, incl. ley dashboards used for company-wide reporting.
You’ll be joining Capdesk from Carta. In 2022, Capdesk officially joined the Carta team; Capdesk was founded with a vision of changing finance for good by leveraging the power of equity for the benefit of all, and found a shared vision at Carta whose mission is to create more owners. Read more about our shared vision here.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Collaborating with our different departments to provide them with clean, tested and well-documented data ready for analysis
- Helping drive a change in usage of data by uncovering insights and presenting them to a wide range of stakeholders
- Sharing knowledge and best practices with a growing data community across Capdesk from Carta
- Optimising operational processes by providing the necessary data for automation
- Iterate and improve our analytics infrastructure to ensure we’re utilising the best tools for the job and provide reliable data in a scalable way
- Building and maintaining a few dashboards that show the state of business with our key metrics
- Shaping the role and evolving the data story of Capdesk from Carta – our tooling, culture and way of doing work!
About you, these are the skills and experience we’re looking for. Not having any or all of these experiences shouldn't stop you from applying. We’re looking for the right problem-solving mindset and value diversity. Beyond formal training we care about finding someone who can quickly pick up the necessary technical skills.
Our ideal candidate:
- 1-3 years of experience in an Analytics role, preferably in a strong growth environment
- Track record of close collaboration with business users to understand and fulfill their analytics needs
- Experience with any data visualisation tool and any version of SQL
- You’re able to communicate complex analytical problems clearly and concisely
- Experience with dbt, Looker, Snowflake, Fivetran, and Census
- Experience with git and the command line
Bonus points for:
- Track record of driving discussions to define metrics and dimensions
- Experience with Python or R for advanced analytics needs
- Understanding of SaaS metrics
Don’t worry about being a 100% fit. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you and you think it could work, let’s chat.
Something looks off?