Sr Account Executive
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places.
Carta is trusted by more than 40,000 companies and over two billion people in nearly 160 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports nearly 7,000 funds and SPVs, and represents nearly $130B in assets under administration. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $15B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today, Carta’s platform manages nearly three trillion dollars in equity globally.
Companies and funds like Tribe and Pipe build their businesses on Carta. The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S., a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category and certified as a Great Place to Work.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
We're seeking a talented Senior Account Executive to join our Venture Capital & Private Equity Upmarket team in London. Our customers are primarily venture capital firms as well as angel investors, family offices, funds of funds, and private equity firms. Carta's platform allows these clients to track and manage their portfolios while liaising with their investors.
As a Venture Capital Account Executive, you’ll introduce top-tier clients to our wide range of product offerings, including UK & Luxembourg fund administration, portfolio management, reporting and analytics, investor management, investor portal, valuations, and data collection. These Carta services include selling consultative access to our team of Carta fund administration accountants who support funds quarterly reporting needs. We offer tech-focused investor portals to both the fund GPs/Admins and also their investors/LPs.
You will also work closely with new venture capital funds as they navigate the process of forming a new fund. That process involves advising them on best practices and referring them to additional vendors which may include fund formation, lawyers and tax professionals.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Communicate the business impact of our product offerings to key decision-makers
- Demonstrate ability to influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus-building to identify and sell new opportunities
- Own sales cycles that are 9-18 months
- Understand customer needs and requirements and act as a trusted business advisor
- Drive revenue through strategic outbound prospecting
- Own the entire sales lifecycle, from lead generation to close
- Develop a comprehensive sales strategy and sales plan that ensures consistent achievement of goals over the short and long-term
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field
- 10+ years of account executive experience; enterprise sales a plus
- Relevant sales experience, preferably in fund admin or professional services
- Experience managing a pipeline and closing large contracts
- Proven ability to execute, especially negotiation and closing
- Intellectually curious, fast learner
- Articulate, poised, and concise
- Flexible and resilient
- Competitive and driven to achieve goals
- Experience selling to venture capital, private equity, and investment management firms preferred