Mid Market Account Executive, Portcos
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places.
Carta is trusted by more than 40,000 companies and over two billion people in nearly 160 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports nearly 7,000 funds and SPVs, and represents nearly $130B in assets under administration. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $15B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today, Carta’s platform manages nearly three trillion dollars in equity globally.
Companies and funds like Tribe and Pipe build their businesses on Carta. The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S., a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category and certified as a Great Place to Work.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
This role is on the Private Equity sales team within the “LLC” business unit. You will join a small but mighty team who are working to strategically grow Carta’s presence beyond the traditional venture capital ecosystem and into an even bigger ecosystem: private equity. The team is working with investment firms and with portfolio companies.
The Problems You’ll Solve
Carta is transforming how private companies, their investors and employees manage ownership. We have acquired substantial market share in industries such as technology and venture capital, but managing ownership is a problem faced by private companies from a broad range of industries, perhaps most notably the private equity industry.
- Own the entire sales lifecycle, from lead generation to close
- Drive revenue through outbound prospecting into private equity backed portfolio companies (partnering with an SDR, business development teams, and also working independently)
- Understand customer needs and requirements, and act as a trusted business advisor to C suite and private equity investors.
- Communicate the business impact of our product offerings to key decision makers within
- Have an interest in m&a, the private equity industry, and act as the customer’s voice within Carta
The Impact You’ll Have
You will help propel Carta to the next level of growth by evangelizing Carta to one of the largest private asset classes in the world - the private equity industry. You will introduce new customers to our best-in-class software platform to help them streamline their equity management, stay compliant, and unlock liquidity in the private markets. You love understanding a product in-depth and are passionate about communicating its value to customers and partners. You will work in a fast-paced innovative environment, take initiative to get stuff done, try new things and work in an extremely collaborative environment. Always prospecting for new opportunities, you will close new accounts while building relationships with some of Carta’s most sophisticated partners within the private equity investment space.
We're looking for ambitious, curious, yet humble people to join our sales team.
- 2-5 years of experience in a quota carrying sales role
- A track-record of success in selling SaaS subscriptions into net new accounts, demonstrated by consistent overachievement of quota
- Ability to build and execute a sales strategy using a solution approach to selling and creating value for customers
- Ability to utilize consultative selling techniques to uncover opportunities for our evolving products/services.
- Excellent communicator who can work cross functionally and across all levels of the organization as we grow the team and its profile
- Successful track record of self driven outbound prospecting and working very closely with SDRs
- Excited by a challenge
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our expected cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role starts at:
- $85,000 base in New York City, NY
- $85,000 base in San Francisco, CA
Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.