Sales Operations Manager
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places.
Carta is trusted by more than 40,000 companies and over two billion people in nearly 160 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports nearly 7,000 funds and SPVs, and represents nearly $130B in assets under administration. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $15B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today, Carta’s platform manages nearly three trillion dollars in equity globally.
Companies and funds like Tribe and Pipe build their businesses on Carta. The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S., a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category and certified as a Great Place to Work.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
Our Sales Operations team is a lean, agile group that supports 4 revenue lines and 200+ reps. You’ll be joining as a Sales Operations Manager focused on designing, enforcing, and improving Sales processes & working on large cross-functional initiatives. The projects we tackle are broad, but a few examples would be segmentation & swim lanes, defining sales process, or implementing a quote-to-cash system.
- Serve as a business architect and project manager for requests to change or create new Sales processes. You will lead projects from start to finish ensuring successful completion, including gathering business requirements, designing processes, working with system admins to build these processes in our tools, and providing clear, concise documentation to train sales on any changes.
- Create and use reporting as a tool to drive efficiencies and make informed decisions.
- Own the operational pieces of new product rollouts – ensuring approvals, quoting, contracting, and reporting are working seamlessly.
- Partner with Sales Strategy on strategic initiatives including any changes to sales teams, segmentation, or swimlanes.
- Design, document, and enforce ROEs, including diplomatic mediation when there are swim lane disputes.
- 5+ years of experience in sales operations, revenue operations or business operations. Prior experience at a SaaS company.
- Understanding of sales cycle & processes.
- Strategic, structured thinker with strong analytical skills.
- Results driven self-starter with a get-it-done approach. You have a growth mentality and view what you do as a part-owner and builder of Carta.
- Experience driving cross-functional projects end-to-end and managing stakeholders at all levels. Ability to negotiate and influence priorities across organizations at all levels.
- Clear and concise communication skills, verbal and written. Excellent presentation skills. Ability to communicate the right level of information to different audiences.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment while dealing with ambiguity.
- Foundational Excel skills and proficiency with a logic language (SQL, Python, Excel).
- Advanced skills in SFDC. SFDC Admin certification or prior experience administering tools is a plus. Familiar with Outreach, ZoomInfo, Chili Piper, LeanData, Qualified, Marketo, Bizible, Zuora, CaptivateIQ and Looker or other BI tools is a plus.
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our minimum cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role is:
- $125,000 - $140,000 in San Francisco, CA
- $125,000 - $140,000 in New York, NY
Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.