Sales Development Representative, Venture Capital
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places.
Carta is trusted by more than 40,000 companies and over two billion people in nearly 160 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports nearly 7,000 funds and SPVs, and represents nearly $130B in assets under administration. Carta's tender offer solutions have returned $14B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today, Carta’s platform manages nearly three trillion dollars in equity globally.
Companies and funds like Tribe and Pipe build their businesses on Carta. The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S., a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category and certified as a Great Place to Work.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
Carta is looking for a Sales Development Representative to join our Fund Administration and Venture Capital Sales team in Singapore.
Carta opened its Singapore office in 2021, and since then, has been building a world-class team to support the startup ecosystem across Asia Pacific. The Singapore team is lean and agile, and composed of local venture industry experts and Carta experts.
The Sales Development Representative Teams are the driving force of Carta’s upward trajectory. You will work with the GTM lead on marketing related projects, territory research, prospect targeting, reporting, and events maximization strategy. We pride ourselves on investing in our team and promoting from within. All SDRs receive training on Carta software, private market finance, and equity administration along with ongoing training in consultative sales, client management, negotiation and sales operations.
The Problems You’ll Solve
Business Demand Generation
- Identify Carta’s Ideal Customer Profile (ICP), prospect via multiple channels like Email, Phone, LinkedIn to generate conversations
- You will help drive the overall company pipeline. Create and manage outreach campaigns to startup founders and employees, leveraging “customer-first” approach
- Match prospect pain points to specific value propositions across various buyer personas, roles, and functions
- Work closely with the VC AE team to build a healthy sales pipeline
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to elevate Carta’s brand awareness and drive top-of-funnel acquisition
- Respond quickly and efficiently triage leads based on channel and need
Data and Process Integrity & Maintenance
- Build and manage sizable lead lists in order to glean unique insights and drive desirable business outcomes
- Ensure data integrity across critical business systems (e.g. Salesforce, Outreach, Marketo, and Carta)
The Impact You’ll Have
- Grit - Ambitious, driven, and fearless in the face of rejection
- Coachability - Tremendous desire to constantly improve in a “no-egos” and high velocity environment
- Emotional Intelligence - Ability to read emotional cues, understand a customer’s needs, and navigate a conversation with meaningful solutions
- Customer-Facing Experience - Experience working in a high volume customer-facing role. Able to professionally communicate with founders, CEOs and senior executives
- An Interest in Venture Capital / FinTech: If learning about how investors find the next unicorn to invest in, you’re in the right place
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail
- Track record of success in a lead generation role is a plus
- Ability to break down and effectively communicate complex topics
- Authorized to work in Singapore without sponsorship
Nice to have:
- Experience managing data in a CRM system (Preferably: Salesforce)
- Proficiencies with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite (GSuite)
- Knowledge of finance, venture capital, and accounting
- Experience working at a high-growth software company or venture capital firm