Senior Fund Accountant
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places.
Carta is trusted by more than 40,000 companies and over two billion people in nearly 160 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports nearly 7,000 funds and SPVs, and represents nearly $130B in assets under administration. Carta's tender offer solutions have returned $14B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today, Carta’s platform manages nearly three trillion dollars in equity globally.
Companies and funds like Tribe and Pipe build their businesses on Carta. The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S., a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category and certified as a Great Place to Work.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
You will be part of a vibrant team that has a diverse skill set, works closely, innovates and celebrates together. We strive to provide first-class experience to our clients, while digitizing and automating every aspect of our fund services. Working in the Venture Funds team, you will learn to tackle complex challenges and support venture capitalists in the administration of their fund. In 2022, Vauban officially joined the Carta team; Vauban was founded with a vision of changing finance for good by leveraging the power of equity for the benefit of all, and found a shared vision at Carta whose mission is to create more owners. Read more about our shared vision here.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Perform fund administration and accounting tasks that include but are not limited to handling investors transactions, preparing capital calls, producing NAVs (capital accounts, financial reports) and preparing annual financial statements
- Enhance our fund accounting processes by working closely with our Product and Engineering teams to implement improvements and pave the way towards automated fund administration
- Tackle challenges head on as you’ll be at the intersection of law, accounting and finance, regulation and tax
- Proactively share knowledge with team members on how we can best automate our fund structures to strengthen our processes and improve our products overall to provide a unique experience to our clients
- Have a can-do attitude and eagerness to learn in a start-up environment
- Have prior work experience in the preparation of fund accounts and financial statements in accordance with IFRS
- 2+ years of Accounting or Finance experience within the Funds industry preferred
- Strong understanding of complex fund accounting mechanisms specifically closed-end Funds
- Provide audit support
- Hold a numerical Bachelor’s degree, preferably within Accountancy/Finance
- Have an in-depth knowledge and interest in the Private Equity, Venture Capital and Start up ecosystem
- Be a part-qualified ACA/ACCA accountant (not essential)