Senior Expense Accountant
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places.
Carta is trusted by more than 40,000 companies and over two billion people in nearly 160 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports nearly 7,000 funds and SPVs, and represents nearly $130B in assets under administration. Carta's tender offer solutions have returned $14B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today, Carta’s platform manages nearly three trillion dollars in equity globally.
Companies and funds like Tribe and Pipe build their businesses on Carta. The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S., a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category and certified as a Great Place to Work.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Problems You’ll Solve
At Carta, our employees set out on a mission to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places. We believe that the problems we solve today unlock the opportunities of tomorrow.
Carta’s Expenses team needs to uplevel its technical ability to meet our goals of zero errors and high velocity. An Expenses technical IC will solve the following problems:
- Unblock junior team members in their day to day processing to allow same-day money movement for Expense payments
- Deliver swift client communication & resolution upon customer escalations
- Work with Technical Enablement Manager to develop and lead training sessions of new and existing employees
- Serve as flex resource for edge-case processing and/or periods of high volume
- Work with your manager to expand the scope of the Expenses team to all expense-related events
The Team You’ll Work With
You’ll be joining our Expenses Functional Team
This team is responsible for the daily processing of expense-related wire requests from Carta’s network of VC customers. This team’s scope also includes the processing of non-payment expense requests from Carta’s clients, as well as the creation of relevant accounting Journal Entries in the Carta GL.
- Helpful: much of your day will be collaborative, working with other members of the Expense team
- Customer-centric: You will be helping more junior employees deliver top-tier service to Carta’s clients on a daily basis.
- A change agent: You’ll interact with venture capitalists, engineers, product managers, and operations teams in order to master your craft and improve the accuracy and velocity of the Expenses team.
- Tech-focused: We’re at the forefront of accounting and technology, where you’ll work directly with product teams and Venture Capitalists.
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our minimum cash compensation range for this role is:
- $102,000 - $120,000point in New York, NY
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.