Financial Business Intelligence Analyst - Costa Rica
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
We’ve been named a Leader by multiple analyst firms and are prominently featured in the Forbes Cloud 100 and CRN’s Coolest Cloud companies.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
- As a Finance/ Business Intelligence Analyst, you will be responsible for empowering data driven decision making across the business on strategic, multi-functional projects. You will develop standardized metrics around the company’s growth, and create reporting and visualizations of that data to drive key decisions. You will partner with multi-functional teams on ad-hoc analyses, and provide strategic support to the executive team.
- The ideal candidate is a highly motivated and resourceful individual who seeks to “tell the story” of the data with little direction or supervision
What you'll be donig:
- Develop a deep understanding of key company growth metrics, reporting tools, and data structure in order to identify and drive resolution of issues, provide useful intelligence with existing metrics or identify, develop, and propose new metrics, dashboards, scorecards or new tools
- Create a standardized repository of growth metrics across the business by collaborating with cross functional stakeholders, such as finance and sales, to understand their datasets from start to finish and compiling relevant datasets into easy to digest executive level reports
- Create both ad hoc and systematic reporting and visualizations of growth related metrics
- Conduct analyses and draw practical conclusions from key metrics tracked for the executive team
- Lead reporting requirements as project-driven tasks with documented requirements, timelines, and milestones
- Partner closely with the data warehouse team to architect data-driven solution to operations reporting requirements
- Document techniques and train team members on self-service reporting
What you'll need to be successful:
- 5+ years of report and dashboard development using Tableau
- 5+ years of T-SQL development, including advanced SQL queries
- 3+ years experience with any database, preferably Snowflake
- Fluency in english
Additional skills that would be helpful but are not required:
- SQL Server skills including SQL objects development, performance tuning, data analysis, integration and stored procedure development
- Experience with dbt, Python, and Airflow would be a plus
- Experience with the following Data Sources – JIRA, SFDC, NetSuite , Big Query, MongoDB
- Ability to build meaningful datasets and to understand, document and communicate business requirements to the technical team
- Strong analytical skills and proven problem solving
- Ability to work quickly/accurately and independently on multiple projects and must be able to understand end results and provide creative solution
- BA/BS degree in Information Systems, Business Management or related field is desired
- Create executive level reporting around key growth levers across the business
- Standardize growth driven metrics across the company
- Derive data-driven insights to tackle Cohesity’s most complex strategic problems
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Cohesity may require employees who enter its offices to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and to provide documented proof thereof. Cohesity will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of a sincerely held religious belief, disability or medical condition. This vaccination requirement does not apply to employees who work remotely and do not enter Cohesity offices.
Something looks off?