Staff Software Engineer - Security
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
About This Role:
We are actively seeking Platform Security Software Engineers to join our team. As part of our Security Engineering team, you will be responsible for developing system security software service at a fast paced development environment and continuously improving product security posture. The role will serve as a Security Specialist in cloud, container, Kubernetes security and identify & access management.
You are working in lock step with the product engineering and infrastructure team, enabling and productizing security services. Writing design specs, implementing the design, and communicating with stakeholders will be a regular part of the job. We’re looking for an individual who are motivated by technology and enjoys problem-solving challenges in security domains.
- Design, develop, and implement system, container, and Cloud Security related product features (MUST HAVE)
- Architect, design, develop and operationalize high-performance, scalable, reliable, and resilient services
- Deep understanding of Linux Internals, Containers, and Cloud security that can be efficient at running as On-Prem software or as SaaS on public clouds
- Coordinate features and deliverables across multiple teams to achieve project goals
- Collaborate with cloud operations to establish KPI for different services and own end to end delivery and lifecycle management
- Lead initiatives and projects. Provide technical leadership and mentoring to team members.
- An advocate for policy as a code, security, and automation.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related experience
- 10+ years of experience in software design and development(Cloud Security, Container Security)
- Hands-on development experience using Cryptography algorithms, API / User Authentication, and authorization design and implementations
- 2+ years of experience in Kubernetes and microservices architecture and Container security
- Strong development experience in : C++(MUST HAVE), Golang
- REST API and GRPC-based application development.
- Deep understanding of Cloud Security (Cloud networks and Cloud-based Systems), including cryptography and Cloud Security Architecture and Solution
- Motivated to solve complex problems and challenges.
- Distributed systems design and development is plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Cohesity employees who are within a reasonable commute (e.g. within a forty-five (45) minute average travel time) work out of our core offices 2-3 days a week of their choosing.