Senior Manager, Sales Engineering - Federal
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
Senior Manager, Sales Engineering - Federal (DC/VA/MD)
As a Senior Sales Engineering Manager, you will drive hiring of top talent to enable Cohesity’s growth strategy. You will coach and mentor your team in delivering outstanding solutions and architectures for Data Protection, Analytics, Storage, Virtualization, Database, and Cloud for our largest customers to support Cohesity's growth. This critical role will have close interactions with Cohesity Sales, Customers, Engineering, Support, Product Marketing, and Partners. You will guide and empower the SE team to own all aspects of acquiring the technical closure that directly impacts cost of sales and revenue by solution closure time, deal sizes, and solution win rate.
HOW YOU’LL SPEND YOUR TIME HERE
- Lead Sales Engineers in your region assisting with sophisticated customer opportunities
- Lead team in technical development and customer knowledge
- Mentor sales engineers in all aspects of the business
- Provide expert sales & technical assistance by clearly articulating Cohesity technology to both your SE team and to customers and prospects
- Enable customers to integrate Cohesity products into their existing production environments
- Assist in responding to customer and partner requests for information and proposals
- Lead the secondary storage technology strategy for our largest customers and partners
- Communicate Cohesity’s vision by assisting in developing and delivering product demonstrations, workshops, white papers, and proposals
- Guide the SE team in implementing proof of concepts designed to prove out both the technology and the value Cohesity technology delivers
- Identify technical issues and work cross-organizationally to drive closure to ensure customer satisfaction
- Collaborate regularly with product management as a field representative regarding product development and enhancements, effectively conveying customer requirements
- Provide project management and post-sales technical support if needed
WE’D LOVE TO TALK TO YOU IF YOU HAVE MANY OF THE FOLLOWING
- 10+ years of demonstrated success in a customer facing pre-sales role proposing enterprise solutions at all levels of a customer organization
- 5+ years of successful experience managing Sales Engineers teams
- Experience in working with customers and technology partners
- Experience selling Enterprise Hardware or Software, Cloud Platforms, IaaS, PaaS, or Virtual Infrastructure software
- Comfort in working with multiple decision-makers to drive proposals
- Very comfortable presenter of technical and business material to both small and large groups at all levels within the customer hierarchy
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Consistent track record to build strong relationships internally and work cross-organizationally to drive outcomes both internally, and for your customers.
- Self-motivated and a self-starter, comfortable working remotely and autonomously
- Travel within the prescribed territory as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field, or equivalent experience
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Cohesity employees who are within a reasonable commute (e.g. within a forty-five (45) minute average travel time) work out of our core offices 2-3 days a week of their choosing.