Principal People Partner
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
The Cohesity People & Places team has been gaining significant momentum in adding value to our business. We have built - and are continuing to evolve - our HR team across a number of areas, from Learning & Development, HR Operations, and Talent Management to Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, and People Analytics. The success of Cohesity depends on a rich array of products and services that meet, exceed, and delight our customers….and the Cohesity People & Places team is at the heart and center of all that we do.
About the Role:
The People Partner Manager will enable business success, amplify our culture, and increase organizational effectiveness through Cohesity’s People Strategy partnership across multiple business functions in our Americas region.
- Building strategic partnerships with leaders while operating as a trusted advisor
- Establishing a deep understanding of the functional area you support in addition to the overall business and strategy.
- Driving organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning, and talent initiatives to identify and execute against current and future talent needs.
- Partnering with senior leaders and their leadership teams to develop talent strategies needed to support our growth and transformation.
- Leading organizational change efforts
- Engage as a consultant and coach to key leaders and their respective organizations while translating business needs into People plans and initiatives.
- Driving efforts to build upon our culture, values, and overall employee experience.
- Being proactive with people managers and leaders to ensure we are building high-performing organizations.
- Becoming a “business first, HR second” HR professional - using HR skills, programs and initiatives to engage with the business.
- Working - and leading - with peer People and Places HR leaders to provide a “global, then local” approach to organization opportunities and initiatives.
- Delivering all HR programs such as performance assessments, promotions, succession planning, and employee engagement plans with Excellence and global consistency.
- Leading with data and metrics to guide decision-making.
- Understanding what change management needs to look like to work with and guide people managers.
- Partnering with our People & Places centers of excellence (Learning & Development, Total Rewards, People Analytics, Talent Acquisition).
- Analyzing business and employee insights and metrics to drive system improvements.
- Driving and at times leading company-wide talent initiatives, collaborating for global success for Cohesity.
What You Bring to the Team
- BA/BS or equivalent plus 12+ years of relevant People Partner experience
- Strong cross-functional partnerships and interpersonal communication skills; ability to communicate with senior leaders including executive leadership.
- A can-do attitude, agility in navigating changes, and ability to roll up your sleeves in a dynamic and very fast-paced environment. No job should be too large or too small.
- Seeks, collects, and synthesizes information from a variety of stakeholders and data sources in an objective, unbiased manner to raise awareness and/or drive change in the business.
- Ownership of HR programs and performance management activities within the business.
- A “business first” mindset of understanding Cohesity’s portfolio of products and services, and using that knowledge to apply HR and People solutions and outcomes
- Competence and understanding in the various HR functional areas: employee engagement, performance management, total rewards, learning and development, data and analytics, etc.
- Prior experience with a technology company required; cloud, BI/analytics, or platform as a service setting preferred
- Well-versed in employee engagement and performance management best practices
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Cohesity employees who are within a reasonable commute (e.g. within a forty-five (45) minute average travel time) work out of our core offices 2-3 days a week of their choosing.