Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
Let's disrupt the modern world of data management together.
HOW YOU’LL SPEND YOUR TIME HERE
- Responsible for deployment, maintenance and operations on Cohesity clusters deployed worldwide.
- Develop scripts and framework for automating repetitive tasks.
- Debug issues with backups on Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware vSphere and Linux KVM hypervisors.
- Provide support on clusters deployed in cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
- Write scripts using bash or python for log capture and analysis on large clusters.
- Proactively monitor and manage the availability of clusters and associated applications.
- Perform performance analysis, tuning and provide recommendations on issues and suggest cluster expansion if required.
- Define and drive changes to Cohesity Data platform to product engineering teams based on feedback from deployments.
- Provide support for issues pertaining to Powershell cmdlets and RESTful APIs and provide scripts for automating tasks on Cohesity Data Platform.
- Work on debugging and resolving technical issues with the CentOS Platform.
WE’D LOVE TO TALK TO YOU IF YOU HAVE MANY OF THE FOLLOWING
- Bachelor's degree with 4+ years of experience or Masters degree specializing in storage, networking or virtualization.
- Experience with Python, bash or Powershell.
- Deep understanding of Linux platform and ability to identify and resolve issues with the Linux kernel associated with storage, networking, compute and memory.
- Ability to analyze system diagnostics and clearly articulate issues.
- Good understanding of Linux debugging utilities, with an emphasis on systemtap, tcpdump ftrace, strace, wireshark, gdb, and crash
- Good understand of remote file access protocols, including NFS, SMB (CIFS)
- Good understand of storage-related concepts, including virtualization and data protection (e.g. VMware, CommVault, Symantec, EMC, NetApp
- Experience working with a distributed file system
- Performance analysis experience
- CentOS Linux Platform Architecture experience
- Experience debugging complex, serialized, multi-threaded code
Disclosure Pursuant to Applicable State Equal Pay Transparency Laws
This position has a minimum base salary starting at $120,000/year. Bonus, commission (if in a sales function), and/or equity may be eligible for this position. Additionally, full-time employees are eligible for benefits including health and wellness benefits, vacation, paid holidays, 401(k) retirement plan, life and disability insurance coverages, and other benefits the Company may offer from time to time.
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Cohesity employees who are within a reasonable commute (e.g. within a forty-five (45) minute average travel time) work out of our core offices 2-3 days a week of their choosing.