Director, Sales Engineering - SLED
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
Director – Inside Sales and Technical Sales Operations
Location - US Remote
About This Role
This role will be pivotal in accelerating and supporting our rapidly growing SLED Sales businesses. The successful candidate must be able to work cross-functionally to drive efficiency and performance improvement across multiple operational and financial metrics. This is a highly visible role reporting directly to the Area Vice President of Sales Engineering. The Director of SLED Sales Engineering will closely partner with functional leaders across field sales teams.
The responsibilities of the role spans strategy formulation through to tactical execution, and the measurement, analysis and reporting thereof. Leverage business acumen and data analysis to provide critical business insights to sales leaders, identify issues and recommend action plans. Will proactively identify opportunities for sales process quality enhancement and work closely with sales leadership to facilitate an organization of continuous improvement. Will lead, support and implement initiatives designed to advance alignment with, and achievement of, global strategy and objectives.
- Work with functional leaders to develop and implement sales strategies designed to achieve overall business objectives and financial targets, including predictability of the business.
- Develop, oversee and administer pipeline and deal management including the accuracy and timeliness thereof.
- Use knowledge of company products, strategy, tools and processes to oversee sales operations activities to achieve company objectives.
- Partner with finance and Geo Sales Ops to drive productivity metrics.
- Partner with the key stakeholders to define and quantify quarterly team objectives & performance metrics
- Partner with academy to develop and drive training and certifications within all routes to market.
- Partner with deal desk to ensure pricing is market competitive and set to achieve revenue margin/discount objectives across SaaS and Renewals teams.
- Partner with Enablement to develop and drive consumption of training, development and onboarding programs.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the technology industry, with at least 5 of those years working in Sales Engineering
- Previous experience as a Sales Engineer, SLED in a high growth software business, preferably operating in a SaaS business.
- Results-oriented with strong decision-making skills and the ability to prioritize multiple objectives while meeting aggressive deadlines and financial targets.
- Strategic mindset with a very hands-on approach to execution; you’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves to solve problems and support the revenue team
- Collaborative and able to quickly build rapport with stakeholders across the company
- Ability to provide consultative input to functional leaders regarding performance and productivity analysis and suggest optimal solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Expertise in forecast management, pipeline management, deal structuring, SFDC, analytics, and reporting.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of sales operations and enterprise sales models, including multi-channel distribution.
- Experience doing data analysis, modeling, and/or financial analysis to support and drive business decisions.
- Willing to contribute to all areas of the business, including outside the typical scope of Sales Operations, to support scaling the business
- Bachelor’s degree required in either a business or technology discipline.
Pursuant to U.S. executive orders and agency regulations, employment is conditioned upon full vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, including submission of documented proof thereof, as of the date of hire. Cohesity will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of a sincerely held religious belief, disability, or other qualifying legal exemption.
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 1-855-9COHESITY or email@example.com for assistance.
Cohesity employees who are within a reasonable commute (e.g. within a forty-five (45) minute average travel time) work out of our core offices 2-3 days a week of their choosing.