EverCommerce Payment Solutions - Business Intelligence Manager (Remote, US)
Data Team Manager, EverCommerce Payment Solutions – REMOTE/IN OFFICE (US/Denver)
EverCommerce [Nasdaq: EVCM] is a leading service commerce platform, providing vertically tailored, integrated SaaS solutions that help more than 600,000 global service-based businesses accelerate growth, streamline operations, and increase retention. Our modern digital and mobile applications create predictable, informed, and convenient experiences between customers and their service professionals. Specializing in Home & Field Services, Health Services, and Fitness & Wellness industries, EverCommerce solutions include end-to-end business management software, embedded payment acceptance, marketing technology, and customer engagement applications.
We are building an extraordinary company and looking for talented, energetic, and motivated people to join our team. You can learn more about our Company, Culture and Values here: https://www.evercommerce.com/about-us/careers/
We are looking for a Data Team Manager to join the EverCommerce Payments Solutions team to focus on commerce enablement across the EverCommerce suite of Products. The EverCommerce Payment Solutions organization is focused on delivering unparalleled value to our customers through frictionless embedded payments and commerce solutions at scale. As a member of the Strategy and Implementation team you will play a key role in identifying, prioritizing, and coordinating the delivery of solutions and best practices to drive scalable growth across all EverCommerce Solution Organizations.
We are seeking a Data Team Manager to lead our data team responsible for accumulating, analyzing, and delivering valuable insights from payment data. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in guiding data teams, understanding payment processing, and delivering actionable insights to the business.
- Team Leadership & Development: Build, mentor, and manage a high-performing data team to achieve the company's objectives.
- Data Accumulation: Oversee the collection of relevant payment data, ensuring timely accumulation and optimal data quality.
- Data Analysis & Insights: Drive the analysis of payment data to derive insights such as ideal customer profile analysis for each portfolio, processing cost analysis, residual analysis, and more.
- Revenue Modeling & Price Optimization:** Leverage data to model potential revenue streams and recommend price optimizations for the company's services/products.
- Dashboard & Tool Development: Work closely with technical teams to provide accessible dashboards and self-service tools for the business, ensuring stakeholders can access data-driven insights as needed.
- Data Accuracy: Implement rigorous data quality checks and validation processes, ensuring data integrity and accuracy.
- Stakeholder Collaboration: Collaborate with various business units, understanding their data needs and ensuring the delivery of actionable insights.
- Strategy & Innovation: Stay updated with the latest in payment data analytics and tools, ensuring the team's approaches and technologies remain cutting-edge.
Skills and Experience needed for success in this role:
- Payment industry experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, Business, or related field. Master’s or higher is a plus.
- 4+ years of experience in data management or analytics, with a minimum of 2 years in a leadership role.
- Deep understanding of payment processing and the related data nuances.
- Proficiency in data analytics tools such and visualization tools.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to transform complex data into actionable business strategies.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present data-driven insights to non-technical stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to explain complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A curious, analytical mindset with a strong focus on problem-solving and attention to detail.
- Experience with payment systems, fraud detection, or risk management is a strong plus.
Where: This is a remote, US based position, some travel required for quarterly events and on-sight partner meetings. The EverCommerce team is distributed globally, with teams in the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Jordan, New Zealand, and Australia. With a widely distributed team, we are used to working remotely across different time zones. This role can be based anywhere in the United States, with preference to the Denver Metro Area – if you’re close to one of our offices, we can set you up in-office or you can work 100% remotely. Please note that you must be eligible to work without sponsorship to qualify for this position, and this role may require travel to our Corporate Headquarters in Denver, Colorado, or to other office locations around North America.
Benefits and Perks:
- Flexibility to work where/how you want within your country of employment – in-office, remote, or hybrid
- Continued investment in your professional development through Udemy
- Robust health and wellness benefits, including an annual wellness stipend
- 401k with up to a 4% match and immediate vesting
- Flexible and generous (FTO) time-off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
Compensation: The target base compensation for this position is $125,000 to $175,000 USD per year in most US locations. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including location, local market variances, and candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above
EverCommerce is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We look forward to reviewing your credentials and getting to know more about your experience!