Full Stack Software Engineer
Company: Glowing.io (www.glowing.io)
Core Values: 1. Seek and share truth with open-mindedness and humility
Embrace kaizen in our pursuit for excellence
Be an alchemist in our community
Commit and persist towards goals
Be grateful, be kind, give back
Role: Fullstack Software Engineer
Summary: Glowing.io is a SaaS startup providing the leading unified, intelligent guest messaging platform for globally recognized, luxury brands of the world. The core responsibility of this new role is to build new features in the core messaging layer of the infrastructure which is written in Node.js ( ES2017+ ), ability to work on Ruby on Rails API infrastructure primarily on third party integrations, and interaction with the messaging layer as well as experience building ReactJS apps. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of experience architecting systems from scratch and over existing software. Glowing.io sets a high standard of engineering practices that includes the right process, right communication, right documentation, and exceptional code quality which are reviewed among peers.
Responsibilities: Product Delivery
- Work closely with the Product team to estimate quarterly roadmap for components you will own and set a plan to deliver
- Set personal weekly sprint tasks, deliver and inspire by achieving commitments.
- Do peer code review across multiple stacks
- Go through the Pull Request process, follow feature branches, release process and maintain a high-quality code and documentations
- Modify the software to fix errors and build features over existing software
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Create components from scratch over SOA based current architecture
- Maintain and upgrade existing deployment with expertise working over the UNIX system and deploying systems over Ubuntu machines
- Work with CTO to develop architectural designs and system flowcharts
- Integrate the system with other third-party systems focused on avoiding duplicacy of code for integrating similar third party systems
- Have an understanding of basic algorithms for improving system performance
- Have a systematic approach to troubleshooting and debugging system
- Review workflows and architecture to find potential software risks and plans to fix them
- Work on fixing memory leaks and performance optimizations
- Diligent in planning to ensure no technical debts are created in the system
- Identify and plan to fix any technical debts in the current implementation
- Evaluate technology vendors and requirements optimized for costs, performance, and stability
- Demonstrate engineering leadership by showcasing frameworks to make decisions
- Invoke brainstorming sessions, and help create a culture to be open to suggestions than being constricted to opinions.
Who should NOT apply: Don't apply if any of below is true
- Lack of care and respect among peers, senior or junior
- Lack of discipline and transparency
- No experience working remotely, or on a project individually
- Lack of confidence in communicating in English.
- Not willing to travel outside the country for any reasons
- Don't have an extraordinary capability in even one domain directly related to the responsibilities for this job.
Who should apply: Key Requirements
3+ years of programming experience
- Experience working on ReactJS, NodeJS and Ruby on Rails or ability to learn a new language or framework quickly if no experience working on either one of above
- Expertise in at least one queueing infrastructure like RabbitMQ
- Experience working and managing AWS console
- Successfully architected systems, and dividing tasks from architecture to real executable deliverables with estimates
- Understand Pull Request process, follow feature branches and maintain a high-quality code
Key Characteristics : Self-discipline, proactive, organized, empathetic, active listener, and comfortable overall communication skills. Can manage and lead people, in-person and remotely. General presence creates a feeling of collaboration and confidence. Has an entrepreneurial and broke mindset attitude.
- Humility. There is zero room for ego with so many interactions - internal and external - that will take place. Seek help when needed, not glory.
- Trust, Ownership, and Accountability. Team needs to trust that you can "own" and drive all areas of business of which you are responsible, without anyone needing to worry about it. One of our five core values is "Commit and persist towards goals". This is not easy. Work efficiently, which means be fast while being thorough and detail-oriented. Hold yourself and others accountable.
- Proactive, Thoughtful, Responsive. You are as responsive, but not reactive - the difference is thoughtfulness. The foundation of Account Management and strong enduring partnerships is proactiveness.
- Over-communicate. If you're wondering whether to share something, share it. You will be told if you are communicating too much.
- Represent. You will be representing our product at times during client demos, especially on new mock flows. Be the strong, confident, caring face for Glowing.
- Discretion. You can and will be exposed to sensitive information about the company, about team members, about our ecosystem - conservative judgment in discretion is required.
- Self-discipline, proactive, organized, empathetic, active listener, and exceptional writing and overall communication skills
- Experience working at least 2+ years specifically in backend engineering and minimum one project for frontend.
- Experience working with JIRA is a must.
- Documents everything
- Superb ability to manage and lead people, in-person and remotely
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, which includes being able to be succinct, yet evocative and persuasive (especially in writing) in-person and remote
- General presence creates a feeling of credibility and confidence
- Experience servicing to a "luxury" and high discerning audiences
- Experience servicing SAAS
- Experience with EOS is a plus
- Loves the hustle of a startup environment
- BS/MS degree is a plus
Location: Remote (anywhere with fast, reliable Internet)
Contact / Apply: Referrals and/or interested candidates, please email parag at glowing.io with resume, LinkedIn URL and a statement of how your experience and interests ideally match our needs. Thank you for your consideration 🙏.
Something looks off?