Staff Accountant - US
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Friday, March 3, 2023
Building the Internet of Money
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture Explained to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who have a long track record of building premium products for professionals and institutions as well as newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Cryptowatch, with a focus on world-class customer support and crypto education for all.
Become a Krakenite and build the internet of money!
Proof of work
As a member of the Global Finance Team, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of accounting procedures across the organization. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, you will be assisting the month end closing and preparation of monthly management accounts and be responsible for bank reconciliations. You will also have the opportunity to identify and implement improvements to our current processes. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry.
- Execute month-end close processes, including but not limited to preparation of journal entries, account analyses, and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts for assigned entities
- Responsible for the preparation of audit schedules and balance sheet fluxes
- Perform intercompany accounting including reconciliation of intercompany balances, identifying and resolving gaps between assigned entities and respective counterparties globally
- Work with Treasury and other departments to ensure proper accounting treatments of complex transactions
- Assist in the implementation of internal controls and accounting processes and procedures
- Liaise with auditors and tax agents to comply with statutory reporting requirements
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required
Skills you should HODL
- Minimum Diploma/Degree in Accounting with at least 3 years of relevant working experience
- Preferably some years of audit experience
- Background in accounting for financial services, fintech, banking, or an exchange strongly preferred
- Experienced with accounting for complex business entities especially a parent organization with multiple subsidiaries
- Collaborative, innovative, flexible, and adept at building relationships across the organization
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel including macros, pivot tables, VLOOKUP, INDEX MATCH, SUMIF
- Google and Microsoft suite proficiency required
- Working experience with ERP systems (Netsuite is a plus)
- Familiarity with SOX is a plus
- Experience or knowledge in cryptocurrency is preferred
Location Tagging: #US
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
See more open positions at Kraken
Something looks off?