Senior Engineering Manager - Atlassian
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2023
Building the Internet of Money
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture Explained to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who have a long track record of building premium products for professionals and institutions as well as newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Cryptowatch, with a focus on world-class customer support and crypto education for all.
Become a Krakenite and build the internet of money!
Proof of work
The Atlassian Engineering team is responsible for our Atlassian environment and infrastructure operations. Our team partners closely with our internal stakeholders to drive scalability, optimization, and workflow efficiencies across our Atlassian platforms. We push for consistency and help drive integration with other productivity tools and platforms.
- System administration and configuration of Atlassian products
- Experience with design & implementation of Atlassian plugins
- Deep knowledge and experience with common plugins and apps
- Ability to manage and direct efforts of a small team responsible for Atlassian services and infrastructure operations
- Create & modify Jira project roles, issue types, components and workflows
- Ability to write JQL (Jira Query Language) for custom dashboards, reports, filters, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to develop & implement workflows, post functions, triggers and automation scripts
- Experience with integrating Atlassian tools with other tools & applications
- Deep knowledge of usage and best practices related to project templates, issue type hierarchies, boards and dashboards
- Advise and assist cross functional teams in creating, organizing and managing screens, permission and notification schemes
- Experience in gathering requirements, solution design, impact analysis and communication with stakeholders
Skills you should HODL
- Bachelor’s in information systems, Computer Science, or related experience
- 5+ years of deep hands-on experience and expert knowledge of Atlassian JIRA, Confluence, Jira Service Desk
- 3+ years in a consulting or client delivery role, and experience managing software tool implementations
- People management skills and experience
- Strong familiarity with Agile, DevOps, and Agile at Scale principles
- Ability to manage multiple clients and deliverables at any given time
- Ability to self-prioritize and manage multiple workloads
- Critical thinking skills, with the ability to think creatively in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with strong collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven interpersonal skills
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
See more open positions at Kraken
Something looks off?