Senior Software Engineer - C++ - Trading Technologies
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2023
Building the Future of Crypto
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Kraken Futures.
Become a Krakenite and build the future of crypto!
Proof of work
Join our Trading Technology team and start building the internet of money.
The Trading Technology team is responsible for everything to do with the trading backend services such as the matching engine, market data gateways, internal and external APIs, and various other trading services. The team is located globally and responsibilities are split into sub-teams, working with various tech stacks. Our teams code in C++, Go, Rust, and Python, depending on the product they are contributing to within Kraken and work agile around the globe. Recently, the Trading Technologies team played a critical role in scaling Kraken's trading infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain core framework and key software components for the Kraken trading engine
- Build and design solutions that mitigate risk, implement security, and protect both systems and data
- Improve site performance by designing and implementing low-latency and high-availability applications
- Construct dynamically scalable platforms capable of heavy transaction volume
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and contribute to product roadmap accomplishment
- Work collaboratively on a distributed team leveraging soft skills to effectively communicate and engage with stakeholders
Skills you should HODL
- Prior experience in at least one of the following using Linux - distributed and/or highly-concurrent systems; low-latency and/or high-volume transaction environments
- 5+ years experience working with C++
- High level of proficiency in Python, Java, and SQL strongly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of advanced order types, trading systems, and financial products
- Experience profiling and optimising code (CPU, memory, network)
- Cryptocurrency/Blockchain familiarity highly preferable
- Proactive mindset with the ability to both prioritise tasks and adhere to aggressive deadlines
- BS in a technical or quantitative field
#US #EU #LI-Remote #Canada #LI-VF1
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know