Staff Software Engineer - React Native - Mobile
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2023
Building the Internet of Money
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture Explained to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who have a long track record of building premium products for professionals and institutions as well as newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Cryptowatch, with a focus on world-class customer support and crypto education for all.
Become a Krakenite and build the internet of money!
Proof of work
We are currently seeking an outstanding Staff Software Engineer with a strong focus on mobile development to join our world-class Engineering team. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining innovative mobile applications for iOS and Android platforms using React Native. Your technical expertise, leadership, and ability to solve complex problems will make a significant impact on our products and help us maintain our competitive edge.
- Design, develop, and maintain high-quality mobile applications for iOS and Android using React Native
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Product, Design, and other Engineering teams, to deliver high-impact features and improvements
- Drive the technical vision and direction of the company's mobile applications by participating in architectural decisions and technology evaluations
- Identify, analyze, and resolve complex technical challenges across multiple domains and technology stacks
- Contribute to the development of best practices and engineering standards to ensure the highest quality of code
- Mentor and guide junior and senior engineers, fostering a culture of continuous learning and improvement
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and technologies to ensure our mobile applications remain current and competitive
Skills you should HODL
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience in software development, with a proven track record of success in mobile development for iOS and Android platforms
- Expertise in React Native, TypeScript, and mobile app development tools and frameworks
- Deep understanding of iOS and Android SDKs, as well as experience with native development (Objective-C/Swift/Java/Kotlin)
- Strong understanding of mobile UI/UX best practices and principles
- Experience with API design, security, and performance optimization
- Excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and ability to think critically and creatively
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to haves
- Experience with blockchain technology and the cryptocurrency industry
- Experience in leading or managing engineering teams
- Contributions to open-source projects or published technical articles
Location Tagging: #US #EU #LI-LM1 #LI-Remote #Canada
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
See more open positions at Kraken
Something looks off?