Sr. UX Researcher
Who we are:
MasterClass is the streaming platform where the world’s best come together so anyone, anywhere, can access and be inspired by their knowledge and stories. We put you in the room with the creators, thinkers, makers and leaders who have changed the world, so that you can change yours.
Members get unprecedented access to 150+ instructors and classes across a wide variety of fields, including Arts & Entertainment, Business, Design & Style, Sports & Gaming, Writing and more. Step into Nas’ recording studio and Gordon Ramsay’s kitchen, and go behind the big screen with James Cameron. Design your career with Elaine Welteroth, get ready to win with Lewis Hamilton, perfect your pitch with Shonda Rhimes and discover your inner negotiator with Chris Voss.
It's a pivotal time for MasterClass – and we want you to be a part of the journey. With a HQ in San Francisco, an office in Waterloo, Ontario, and a studio in Los Angeles, we are looking to expand our team to support the business.
If you want to help make an impact on our members' lives – we want to hear from you!
Snapshot of the Role:
We're seeking a passionate and dedicated UX Researcher to help uncover our users' needs, desires, and pain points. You'll partner with design, product, data, and engineering to translate insights into intuitive, engaging learning experiences.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and engineers to define research questions and strategy.
- Design and conduct user research studies (surveys, interviews, usability testing) across various platforms and devices.
- Analyze and synthesize research findings to identify user needs, behaviors, and motivations.
- Translate research insights into actionable recommendations for product design and development.
- Craft compelling research reports and presentations to communicate findings to stakeholders.
- Advocate for our users throughout the product lifecycle.
- Provide direct and impactful feedback to designers to help them integrate user insights into their design process.
- 5+ years of experience in designing impactful research studies, analyzing data, and drawing actionable insights.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research skills, including surveys, interviews, and usability testing.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, adept at translating complex research findings into clear, concise stories.
- Passion for online learning and a deep understanding of user-centered design principles.
- Collaborative spirit and ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
The following competencies are key to your success:
- User Empathy
- Analyzing Insights
- Clear Communication
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.
The salary range listed is for candidates in Ontario, Canada. As a company, we have a location based strategy, which means the disclosed range estimate has been adjusted for geographic differential associated with the location where the position may be filled.
MasterClass’s salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry. In addition to salary, we also offer equity and comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, flexible PTO, and more). The range listed is for the expectations as laid out in the job description, however we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.