Talent Director (Celebrity)
Who we are:
MasterClass is the streaming platform where the world’s best come together so anyone, anywhere, can access and be inspired by their knowledge and stories. We put you in the room with the creators, thinkers, makers and leaders who have changed the world, so that you can change yours.
Members get unprecedented access to 150+ instructors and classes across a wide variety of fields, including Arts & Entertainment, Business, Design & Style, Sports & Gaming, Writing and more. Step into Nas’ recording studio and Gordon Ramsay’s kitchen, and go behind the big screen with James Cameron. Design your career with Elaine Welteroth, get ready to win with Lewis Hamilton, perfect your pitch with Shonda Rhimes and discover your inner negotiator with Chris Voss.
It's a pivotal time for MasterClass – and we want you to be a part of the journey. With a HQ in San Francisco, and offices in Beverly Hills and Waterloo, Ontario, we are looking to expand our team to support the business.
If you want to help make an impact on our members' lives – we want to hear from you!
We are looking for more than what a resume can show. If you don’t have the exact experience or skills, but think you’d be a great addition to MasterClass, please apply for the role.
What You Will Do:
- Source marquee entertainment talent to be instructors for MasterClass
- Leverage relationships with high level talent, agents, managers and publicists to create premium classes
- Work cross-functionally with other internal teams (Content, Marketing, Business Affairs)
- Propose new and creative ways to engage with instructor teams and other stakeholders
- Enhance positive brand awareness and act as an ambassador for MasterClass
What We’re Looking for
- Highest level entertainment industry relationships
- Deep understanding of popular culture and impeccable curatorial skills
- Strong and sustained background working with high profile Talent at an elite company (e.g. streamers, studios, brands, entertainment companies)
- Excellent pitching skills and ability to close deals (experience working with BA/finance)
- Great listening skills and ability to understand talent’s needs and motivations
- Excellent problem solver with a strategic mind and the agency to get things done
- Ability to communicate complex needs and requirements between numerous parties, and relay information accurately and quickly back to talent teams
- Sense of urgency on deadlines, ability to juggle multiple high stakes priorities
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills to constantly move deals forward
- 10+ years experience of securing high-level talent for long form creative projects
- Ambitious mentality with a passion for networking to sign best in class talent
- Excellent communication skills and ability to pitch a narrative
- Resourceful and process-oriented; can execute on simultaneous projects in a high stakes, fast paced environment
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you. #LI-EC1
The salary range listed is for NYC/CA/WA. As a company, we have a location based strategy, which means the disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for any applicable geographic differential associated with the location where the position may be filled.
MasterClass’s salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry. In addition to salary, we also offer equity and comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, flexible PTO, and more). The range listed is for the expectations as laid out in the job description, however we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.