Director, Sales Systems & Operations
Who we are:
MasterClass is the streaming platform where the world’s best come together so anyone, anywhere, can access and be inspired by their knowledge and stories. We put you in the room with the creators, thinkers, makers and leaders who have changed the world, so that you can change yours.
Members get unprecedented access to 150+ instructors and classes across a wide variety of fields, including Arts & Entertainment, Business, Design & Style, Sports & Gaming, Writing and more. Step into Nas’ recording studio and Gordon Ramsay’s kitchen, and go behind the big screen with James Cameron. Design your career with Elaine Welteroth, get ready to win with Lewis Hamilton, perfect your pitch with Shonda Rhimes and discover your inner negotiator with Chris Voss.
It's a pivotal time for MasterClass – and we want you to be a part of the journey. With a HQ in San Francisco, an office in Waterloo, Ontario, and a studio in Los Angeles, we are looking to expand our team to support the business.
If you want to help make an impact on our members' lives – we want to hear from you!
Snapshot of the Role:
MasterClass at Work serves as a pivotal, high-priority division within MasterClass, experiencing rapid expansion over the past two years and consistently fueling the company's growth trajectory. Sales Operations stands as the cornerstone, facilitating our Enterprise team with essential tools, analytics, and strategic support to excel in their field operations.
In this position, you will be responsible for shaping the long-term sales strategy and framework for our sales systems, devising streamlined processes and protocols to enhance operational efficiency, and overseeing the Sales Operations team with effective leadership.
You will also own:
Sales Systems Management:
- Evaluate, implement, and manage sales systems for seamless integration with business processes.
- Collaborate with IT and financial systems teams to customize CRM systems for sales team needs, ensuring smooth transition with existing systems.
- Identify and implement new technologies to enhance sales productivity and effectiveness.
- Own and manage the technology stack enabling sales teams to achieve goals and overcome barriers.
Sales Process Optimization:
- Implement early warning systems for proactive business growth management.
- Develop sales strategies aligning with company growth goals in collaboration with cross-functional teams and sales leadership.
- Manage weekly forecasting and pipeline reporting.
- Drive discussions on weekly and monthly sales metrics, including leading and lagging indicators.
- Lead annual and long-range planning to optimize sales flow and enable deal delivery.
- Manage territory and quota planning in alignment with annual plan, fostering sales team motivation and performance management.
- Facilitate operational elements of the plan, including Sales capacity and territory alignment.
- Provide a centralized view of the Sales funnel and KPIs for target setting and business health tracking.
- Triage operational issues and optimize processes, infrastructure, and systems for scalability.
- Experience in Salesforce administration and reporting, with deep understanding of system architecture and integrations.
- Extensive leadership experience in Sales Operations/Sales Systems, capable of developing strategy and hands-on implementation.
- Proven track record in orchestrating large-scale transformation projects.
- Ability to align strategy and analytics with sales operations strategy.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, conveying complex ideas clearly and concisely.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, comfortable interacting with all levels of leadership.
- Previous experience scaling SaaS companies strongly preferred.
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.
The salary range listed is for NYC/CA/WA. As a company, we have a location based strategy, which means the disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for any applicable geographic differential associated with the location where the position may be filled.
MasterClass’s salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry. In addition to salary, we also offer equity and comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, flexible PTO, and more). The range listed is for the expectations as laid out in the job description, however we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.