Napa, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 6, 2024
At ONEHOPE, we're on a mission to do more good through wine. We believe in the power of giving back and making a meaningful impact on the world. Our award-winning wines are produced by a team of passionate experts, and every bottle sold supports charitable causes around the globe. With a diverse and dedicated community of Cause Entrepreneurs, we're spreading the love for wine and the desire to make a difference.
Our winery in Rutherford, CA is the physical manifestation of our vision. It's a place where we invite people to gather, find inspiration, and join us on our mission to share great wine and give hope to many. ONEHOPE Winery is designed by world-renowned architect Howard Backen, providing the perfect setting to explore consumer favorites from ONEHOPE's Reserve and Iconic collections featuring wines grown from the estate's onsite vineyards.
About the Role:
The Hospitality Manager oversees and promotes world-class customer service, wine education, and visitor experience at our flagship winery in Napa with an eye toward driving sales and growing the ONEHOPE brand. The role manages the tasting room, tours, events, and culinary and the staff executing these experiences. This role is responsible for the smooth operation of all aspects pertaining to the winery. The Hospitality Manager regularly demonstrates a passion for wine, strong leadership skills, and the ability to deliver outstanding hospitality contributing to the success of the ONEHOPE winery and leaving a lasting impression on our guests.
Guest Experience Management:
- Create a welcoming and memorable experience for all winery visitors.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with guests, ensuring their satisfaction and loyalty.
- Train and educate staff on customer service standards and wine knowledge.
- Monitor and respond to guest feedback, resolving any issues or concerns promptly and effectively.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the tasting room, ensuring efficient and seamless operations.
- Schedule and manage staffing levels to meet visitor demand.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for the tasting room, including opening and closing procedures, cash handling, and inventory management.
- Maintain a clean and organized tasting room environment.
- Possess a deep knowledge of the winery's products, including wines, varietals, production processes, and tasting notes.
- Conduct wine tastings and provide educational experiences for guests.
- Promote wine sales and actively contribute to achieving sales targets.
- Collaborate with the winemaking and marketing teams to ensure accurate and up-to-date product information is available to staff and customers.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute winery events, including private tastings, wine club events, and special occasions.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop event concepts and promotional strategies.
- Manage event budgets, logistics, vendor relationships, and post-event evaluations.
- Recruit, train, and develop a team of hospitality staff, ensuring high standards of performance and professionalism.
- Provide ongoing coaching, feedback, and support to enhance employee engagement, customer service and selling skills.
- Foster a positive and inclusive work environment that encourages teamwork and collaboration.
- Bachelor's degree in hospitality management, business administration, or related field preferred.
- Proven experience (5+ years) in a similar hospitality management role, preferably in the wine industry.
- Extensive knowledge and passion for wine, including familiarity with winemaking processes and varietals.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to engage and connect with a diverse range of individuals.
- Strong leadership and team management abilities.
- Exceptional customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in computer systems and software applications, including point-of-sale (POS) systems and reservation platforms.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and flexible hours, as needed, to accommodate winery operations and events.
- A best in class team and company culture
- A fun, but very hard-working and dedicated environment
- Health benefits
- 401k with matching
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Company Happy Hours
- Casual dress code
- Family-friendly workplace
- Compensation ranges from $80,000 - $95,000 depending on experience
We'd love to talk to you! Please submit the following to apply:
- Resume (including months/years of employment for each position)
- Cover letter
- Must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.