Data Science - Senior Software Engineer
Software Engineering, Data Science
Bangalore Rural, Karnataka, India
Posted on Monday, January 2, 2023
Paytm is India’s leading digital payments and financial services company, which is focused on driving consumers and merchants to its platform by offering them a variety of payment use cases. Paytm provides consumers with services like utility payments and money transfers, while empowering them to pay via Paytm Payment Instruments (PPI) like Paytm Wallet, Paytm UPI, Paytm Payments Bank Netbanking, Paytm FASTag and Paytm Postpaid - Buy Now, Pay Later. To merchants, Paytm offers acquiring devices like Soundbox, EDC, QR and Payment Gateway where payment aggregation is done through PPI and also other banks’ financial instruments. To further enhance merchants’ business, Paytm offers merchants commerce services through advertising and Paytm Mini app store. Operating on this platform leverage, the company then offers credit services such as merchant loans, personal loans and BNPL, sourced by its financial partners.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Data Scientist to analyze large amounts of raw information to find patterns that will help improve our company. We will rely on you to build data products to extract valuable business insights. This position requires to work with Big data from multiple applications & Machine Learning projects. In this role, you should be highly analytical with a knack for analysis, math and statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data.
- He/She/They should have Machine learning experience of 4-6 years of implementing and successfully deploying ML solutions at scale for real-world problem.
- Own the application of machine learning algorithm.
- Design and evaluate novel approaches for handling high-volume real-time data streams in a machine learning environment.
- Develop a feedback system to improve the selection of features for the algorithms.
- Understand the theory and application of theory for common classification, clustering, regression and collaborative filtering.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes.
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data. Present information using data visualization techniques, Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges, Collaborate with engineering and product development teams.
- Curiosity to learn and implement latest developments in the field of data science.
- Be a brand ambassador for paytm – Stay Hungry, Stay Humble, Stay Relevant!
See more open positions at Paytm
Something looks off?