Product Management - Vice President - Credit Cards
Bangalore Rural, Karnataka, India
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2023
Paytm is India's leading financial services company that offers full-stack payments & financial solutions to consumers, offline merchants and online platforms. The company is on a mission to bring half a billion Indians into the mainstream economy through payments, commerce, banking, investments, and financial services. One97 Communications Limited that owns the brand Paytm is founded by Vijay Shekhar Sharma and is headquartered in Noida, Uttar Pradesh. Its investors include Softbank, Ant Financial, AGH Holdings, SAIF Partners, Berkshire Hathaway, T Rowe Price and Discovery Capital
About the team:
We are an end to end tech enabled credit platform providing seamless credit access to customers. Our capabilities extend from fully digitized customer on-boarding, seamless in-app to real times offers for We partner with financial institutions and leverage the insights we gather through our ecosystem design and offer innovative and customized financial products to our consumers and merchants.
We offer co-branded credit cards (in partnership with leading commercial banks in India) catering to varied consumer segments, by leveraging transaction history of a user on Paytm platform to digitize the entire credit card experience on the Paytm app, from the application process to tracking and issuance of the credit card.
About the role:
Are you someone who loves to build products and also gets curious about technology stack being used? Have you worked in technical roles at some point in your career and enjoyed them (be it software developer, engineering manager or architect)? We are looking for Product Owners to enable delivery of high quality financial/payment products in a fast-paced, challenging, and creative environment. You will work with business heads and engineering partners to drive the strategy, roadmap, execution of a product area to build high quality products/systems.
● We would expect you to hit the ground running, and approach your role with a growth mindset.
● Own the product strategy; Understand customer requirements, market gaps/ need gaps and drive feature choices
● Connect activities and deliverables to business outcomes
● Prioritize tasks/user stories & should be data obsessed
● Constantly test his own products, create edge cases and if required should have the ability to write and define product specs from scratch
● Have the ability to be able to work with complex cross functional teams/ should be able to influence cross functional teams: Engineers, Architects, category, business & finance
● Derive insights from qualitative & quantitative data and use the same for product improvements and iterations
● Educate cross functional teams with actionable derived from deep data insights
● You will be expected to communicate openly, make decisions by creating consensus, and drive a collective obsession about your feature or product.
Superpowers that will help you succeed in this role
● B.E/B.Tech with 10+ years of overall experience and 6+ years of Product Management experience in B2C Consumer Internet/e-Commerce/Banking/NBFC space.
● Strong analytical skills
● Bias for action
● Proven track record of delivering intuitive products
● Willingness to experiment and improve continuously
Why join us?
With enviable 500 mn+ registered users, 21 mn+ merchants and depth of data in our ecosystem, we are in a unique position to democratize credit for deserving consumers & merchants – and we are committed to it. India’s largest digital lending story is brewing here. It’s your opportunity to be a part of the story!
See more open positions at Paytm
Something looks off?