Business Analyst - Senior Associate/Team Lead- Paytm Travel
Bangalore Rural, Karnataka, India
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2023
Paytm is India’s leading digital payments and financial services company, which is focused on driving consumers and merchants to its platform by offering them a variety of payment use cases. Paytm provides consumers with services like utility payments and money transfers, while empowering them to pay via Paytm Payment Instruments (PPI) like Paytm Wallet, Paytm UPI, Paytm Payments Bank Net banking, Paytm FASTag and Paytm Postpaid - Buy Now, Pay Later. To merchants, Paytm offers acquiring devices like Soundbox, EDC, QR and Payment Gateway where payment aggregation is done through PPI and also other banks’ financial instruments. To further enhance merchants’ business, Paytm offers merchants commerce services through advertising and Paytm Mini app store. Operating on this platform leverage, the company then offers credit services such as merchant loans, personal loans and BNPL, sourced by its financial partners.
About the team:
Be a part of one of Paytm's fastest growing businesses - Travel. Travel was launched in 2016 and in less than 12 months we became India's 2nd largest online travel booking platform for Flights, Trains and Bus tickets. Paytm's Travel business is entirely based out of Bangalore.
We are like a 250 member startup within Paytm working in a fast paced environment. Our team comprises of Product & Design, Engineering, Business and Customer Experience functions.
Join us if you would you like to work in a fast paced, agile, entrepreneurial environment where everyday brings with it an opportunity for you to create a dent in the universe.
About the role:
Paytm Travel is looking for an Analyst to join its analytics team. We are looking for a person who has the capability to identify key problem areas & can come up with intelligent & actionable KPIs for the business growth.
Expectations and Requirement:
1. Designing Business strategies based on data findings and complete implementation and program management.
2. Conducting primary/secondary research to uncover insights and understand business trends and potential implications for the business.
3. Responsible for driving data driven approach to highlight problems and identify opportunities.
4. Improves performance status by analysing results and variances; identifying trends, recommending actions.
5. Provides information to management by assembling and summarising data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations.
6. Any other adhoc project and program management as per the business need.
Superpowers/ Skills that will help you succeed in this role:
2. Regression and Hypothesis testing
3. Advanced Excel
4. Any visualization tool (preferably Google Data Studio OR Looker)
5. Candidate should have a prior experience in analyzing business data, and not just data engineering/dashboarding roles
6. 2-5 years of full-time experience required
Graduation is must.
Why join us:
A collaborative output driven program that brings cohesiveness across businesses through technology. A solid 360 feedbacks from your peer teams on your support of their goals.
With enviable 500 mn+ registered users, 21 mn+ merchants and depth of data in our ecosystem, we are in a unique position to democratize credit for deserving consumers & merchants – and we are committed.