Product Management - Product Manager - Paytm Money (Payments)
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2023
Title - Product Manager
Paytm is India’s leading digital payments and financial services company, which is focused on driving consumers and merchants to its platform by offering them a variety of payment use cases. Paytm provides consumers with services like utility payments and money transfers, while empowering them to pay via Paytm Payment Instruments (PPI) like Paytm Wallet, Paytm UPI, Paytm Payments Bank Netbanking, Paytm FASTag and Paytm Postpaid - Buy Now, Pay Later. To merchants, Paytm offers acquiring devices like Soundbox, EDC, QR and Payment Gateway where payment aggregation is done through PPI and also other banks’ financial instruments. To further enhance merchants’ business, Paytm offers merchants commerce services through advertising and Paytm Mini app store. Operating on this platform leverage, the company then offers credit services such as merchant loans, personal loans and BNPL, sourced by its financial partners.
About Team - About Paytm Money - Paytm Money is a wholly-owned subsidiary of One97 Communications that owns and operates Paytm. It is the largest online investment platform in the country, & has now added Stocks also to its current offerings of Direct Mutual Funds & NPS for its users.
Paytm Money aims to become a full-stack investment and wealth management platform and bring wealth creation opportunities to millions of Indians. Headquartered and operating from Bengaluru, the team is 300+ members strong.
About the role - Are you someone who loves to build products and also gets curious about the technology stack being used? Do you hold interest in technology? We are looking for product owners to enable the delivery of high-quality capital market products in a fast paced challenging and creative environment. You will work with business heads and engineering partners to drive strategy, roadmap, execution in the product area of payments to build high-quality products / systems.
○ Working closely with business leads to understand product use cases, consumers journeys, business applicability and impact of each use case.
○ Work on integrations & new features/ developments relating to UPI, Net Banking, Bank transfers & other payment methods.
○ Experience of handling a smooth journey for the add funds / similar flow, working on improvements in payouts flow.
○ Ability to understand different technology platforms, their features and be able to work with solution architects/engineering leads and write detailed product requirement documents manage future roadmaps and deliverables.
○ Make sure that clear, simple and technically sound decisions are made.
○ Ability to work with multiple stakeholders/senior management/cross functional teams to influence them for quicker decisions, manage certain technical roadblocks and be able to clear them.
○ Lead product team processes (agile/scrum) and manage expectations and track roadmap regularly.
○ Be involved in what your teams are building – run edge cases, test products proactively and its features to provide feedback early in the cycle, make sure entire journeys are covered, and that product reporting exists to track KPIs for the product and its success (data-driven product management)
Skills / Qualifications:
○ Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field; Masters degree is a plus
○ Knowledge of capital markets is a plus
○ Professional experience in a product management or analytical role
○ Have an extreme bias towards action, basically, you need to have the Get Shit Done attitude
○ Solutions oriented within a high-energy and fast paced work environment.
○ Exceptional customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user friendly products
○ Possess excellent oral, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Superpowers/ Skills that will help you succeed in this role:
High level of drive, initiative and self-motivation Ability to take internal and external stakeholders along Understanding of Technology and User Experience Love for simplifying Growth Mindset Willingness to experiment and improve continuously.
Why join us?
· A collaborative output driven program that brings cohesiveness across businesses through technology
· Improve the average revenue per use by increasing the cross-sell opportunities
· A solid 360 feedback from your peer teams on your support of their goals
· Respect, that is earned, not demanded from your peers and manager
Compensation: If you are the right fit, we believe in creating wealth for you With enviable 500 mn+ registered users, 21 mn+ merchants and depth of data in our ecosystem, we are in a unique position to democratize credit for deserving consumers & merchants – and we are committed to it. India’s largest digital lending story is brewing here. It’s your opportunity to be a part of the story!
See more open positions at Paytm
Something looks off?