Backend- Engineering Manager
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2023
Paytm is India’s leading digital payments and financial services company, which is focused on driving consumers and merchants to its platform by offering them a variety of payment use cases. Paytm provides consumers with services like utility payments and money transfers, while empowering them to pay via Paytm Payment Instruments (PPI) like Paytm Wallet, Paytm UPI, Paytm Payments Bank Netbanking, Paytm FASTag and Paytm Postpaid - Buy Now, Pay Later. To merchants, Paytm offers acquiring devices like Soundbox, EDC, QR and Payment Gateway where payment aggregation is done through PPI and also other banks’ financial instruments. To further enhance merchants’ business, Paytm offers merchants commerce services through advertising and Paytm Mini app store. Operating on this platform leverage, the company then offers credit services such as merchant loans, personal loans and BNPL, sourced by its financial partners.
About the role:
As an Engineering Manager, you will be developing the detailed design structure, implementing the best practices and coding standards, leading a team of developers for successful delivery of the project. You will be working on design, architecture and hands-on coding.
● 12 to 15 years in Technical development with 4+ years in Providing technical leadership for high performance teams
● Work closely with business and product teams to understand the requirements, drive design, architecture and influence the choice of technology to deliver solutions working closely with architects and leadership team.
● Build robust, scalable, highly available and reliable systems using Micro Services Architecture based on Java, Spring boot
● Improve Engineering and Operational Excellence by identifying and building the right solutions for observability and manageability
● Keep the tech stack current with the goal to optimize for scale, cost and performance
● Migrate workloads to public cloud
● Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced environment
● Serve as a thought leader and mentor on technical, architectural, design and related issues.
● Proactively identify architectural weaknesses and recommend appropriate solutions.
Preferred Qualification : Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Skills that will help you succeed in this role:
● Tech Stack: Lang: Java, DB: RDBMS, Messaging: Kafka/RabbitMQ, Caching: Redis/Aerospike, Micro services, AWS
● Strong experience in scaling, performance tuning & optimization at both API and storage layers, system designs-HLD AND LLD
● Hands-on leader, and problem solver with a passion for excellence.
Why join us:
● Because you get an opportunity to make a difference, and have a great time doing that.
● You are challenged and encouraged here to do stuff that is meaningful for you and for those we serve.
● You should work with us if you think seriously about what technology can do for people.
● We are successful, and our successes are rooted in our people's collective energy and unwavering focus on the customer, and that's how it will always be.
If you are the right fit, we believe in creating wealth for you. With enviable 500 mn+ registered users, 21 mn+ merchants and depth of data in our ecosystem, we are in a unique position to democratize credit for deserving consumers & merchants – and we are committed to it. India’s largest digital lending story is brewing here. It’s your opportunity to be a part of the story!
See more open positions at Paytm
Something looks off?