Product Management - Business Product Manager - Recharge & Utilities
Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
Posted on Friday, April 7, 2023
Paytm is India's leading financial services company that offers full-stack payments & financial solutions to consumers, offline merchants and online platforms. The company is on a mission to bring half a billion Indians into the mainstream economy through payments, commerce, banking, investments, and financial services. Its investors include Softbank, Ant Financial, AGH Holdings, Elevation Capital, Berkshire Hathaway, T Rowe Price, and Discovery Capital.
About the Team -
Recharges and bill payments is the core business for Paytm and helps in user acquisition, retention. This contributes majorly towards Paytm becoming half a billion consumer economy vision. Users can recharge prepaid mobile, DTH, metro and pay bills for electricity, gas , water, credit card, rent, school fee, challen, fastag etc and for almost everything. System works towards getting the bill details by fetching bills from many external/internal sources and presenting the bill to the user on time via notification in and out of the paytm app. There are sections in the paytm app like home page widget, my bills section(all your accounts at one place) which remind the user to pay bills on time. Users can also set up automatic bill payment and paytm will pay them automatically on the due date. System is also integrated with NPCI to bring all the billers available on BBPS to our users. We maintain recharge/bill payment history for the user for easy look back in the form of a chat like interface. Paytm has the capability to take the bill requests even when third party billers are down. Paytm recharges and bill payment system is one of the best in the industry with high success rate and large volume. It is one of the few verticals in Paytm with full CICD automation and canary auto feedback rollout tools.
1. 4+ years of total work experience in Product companies
2. Understanding of customer pain points and ability to capture market and business requirements
3. Own competitive analysis, areas of differentiations/USPs and provide strategic direction to
4. Ability to work closely with Product, Growth, CLM and other relevant teams to understand
customer and business requirements, come up with prioritization and scope of product roadmap
5. Ability to collaborate across multiple teams/functions, senior and peer stakeholders
6. Entrepreneurial spirit to take initiative, deliver results in a high-growth and dynamic environment
7. Extensive experience in analytical skills and ability to use data in finding business and product
8. Strong execution skills and demonstrated problem solving skills
9. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to present ideas and product pitch/plan
clearly to Senior Management and able to get their buy in.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Drive business product management for Recharges and Bill Payments
2. Detailed competitive analysis of platform products between Paytm, PhonePe, GPay, Cred etc.
and own adoption and improvement for these platform products from business point of view.
3. Prepare aggressive business product roadmap which makes Paytm a leading player in recharges
and bill payment business.
4. Work closely with Central App and other central product teams, to influence their product
roadmap with Business requirements and priorities
5. Regularly track various metrics and KPIs associated with platform products, features adoption,
work with marketing teams on product marketing etc.
6. Drive initiatives with Banking Alliance Team, Partnership teams to build alternative channels for
Superpowers/ Skills that will help you succeed in this role:
● BE/B.Tech + MBA is preferred
● Must be data driven with strong problem solving and analytical skills
● High degree of ownership in taking things to completion
● Ability to multitask and work on diverse range of requirements
● Excellent communication skills with ability to handle complex negotiations
● Prior experience in e-commerce industry is a plus
Why join us?
· A collaborative output driven program that brings cohesiveness across businesses through technology
· Improve the average revenue per use by increasing the cross-sell opportunities
· A solid 360 feedback from your peer teams on your support of their goals
· Respect, that is earned, not demanded from your peers and manager
Compensation: If you are the right fit, we believe in creating wealth for you
With enviable 500 mn+ registered users, 21 mn+ merchants and depth of data in our ecosystem, we are in a unique position to democratize credit for deserving consumers & merchants – and we are committed to it. India’s largest digital lending story is brewing here. It’s your opportunity to be a part of the story!
See more open positions at Paytm
Something looks off?