Product Management - Group Product Manager - ONDC (Search)
Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
About Us: Paytm is India's leading financial services company that offers full-stack payments & financial solutions to consumers, offline merchants and online platforms. The company is on a mission to bring half a billion Indians into the mainstream economy through payments, commerce, banking, investments, and financial services. One97 Communications Limited that owns the brand Paytm is founded by Vijay Shekhar Sharma and is headquartered in Noida, Uttar Pradesh. Its investors include Softbank, Ant Financial, AGH Holdings, SAIF Partners, Berkshire Hathaway, T Rowe Price and Discovery Capital.
About the team:
This role is part of the Commerce Team in Paytm. This team is responsible for building the E-Commerce vertical on Paytm ranging across categories (F&B, Grocery, Fashion, Electronics etc). Paytm has partnered with ONDC and has come as an Anchor app for ONDC protocol, leading alongside ONDC for democratizing the way India shops online across categories. We aim to build a fully decentralized commerce ecosystem with each seller network, logistic network and consumer network excelling in what they do the best.
Being one of the Fastest growing team in Paytm, ambition is to build a full stack e-commerce platform to be powered by Paytm app and ONDC network.
About the role: We are looking for Product Managers obsessed with user funnel and customer delight. A lot of core modules will be built from scratch and some upon hence a mix of both 0 to 1 and 1 – 100 is required. Itch for creating differentiation leading to enhanced user experience by 10x impact on funnels, browsing, etc. is desirable.
● Own the product strategy; Understand customer requirements, market gaps/ need gaps and drive feature choices
● Connect activities and deliverables to business outcomes
● Prioritize tasks/user stories & should be data obsessed
● Constantly test his own products, create edge cases and if required should have the ability to write and define product specs from scratch
● Have the ability to be able to work with complex cross functional teams/ should be able to influence cross functional teams: Engineers, Architects, category, business & finance
● Derive insights from qualitative & quantitative data and use the same for product improvements and iterations
● Educate cross functional teams with actionable derived from deep data insights
● You will be expected to communicate openly, make decisions by creating consensus, and drive a collective obsession about your feature or product.
Superpowers that will help you succeed in this role:
● B.E/B.Tech/MBA with 7+ years of overall experience and 4+ years of Product Management experience in a well-known consumer internet company with a million+ user base or a Fin-tech start-up or an Ex-Entrepreneur.
● Have a successful track record of conceptualizing, managing, and scaling up consumer products from scratch; building user friendly products; demonstrating design thinking and managing multiple priorities in a highly dynamic environment.
● Solutions orientated within a high-energy and fast-paced work environment
● Exceptional customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly products and customer-facing features
● Possess excellent oral, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
● Experience in e-commerce frontend or/and backend product is a plus
● Preferred Qualification:
o Prior experience with search or recommendation products
o Strong interest on Machine learning and Artificial Intelligence
o Working knowledge of SQL, R or Python
o Understanding of search architecture and data pipelines
o Understanding of A/B testing
Why join us?
With enviable 500 mn+ registered users, 21 mn+ merchants and depth of data in our ecosystem, we are in a unique position to democratize credit for deserving consumers & merchants – and we are committed to it. India’s largest digital lending story is brewing here. It’s your opportunity to be a part of the story!
See more open positions at Paytm
Something looks off?