Product Design - Manager - Payments
Bangalore Rural, Karnataka, India
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
Title: Product Design - Manager - Payments
About Us: Paytm is India's leading financial services company that offers full-stack payments & financial solutions to consumers, offline merchants and online platforms. The company is on a mission to bring half a billion Indians into the mainstream economy through payments, commerce, banking, investments, and financial services. Its investors include Softbank, Ant Financial, AGH Holdings, Elevation Capital, Berkshire Hathaway, T Rowe Price, and Discovery Capital.
About the team: Payments
Recharges and Bill Payments is the core business for Paytm and helps in user acquisition, retention. This contributes majorly towards Paytm becoming half a billion consumer economy vision. Users can recharge prepaid mobile, DTH, metro and pay bills for Electricity, gas , water, credit card, rent, school fee, challen, fastag etc and for almost everything. System works towards getting the bill details by fetching bills from many external/internal sources and presenting the bill to the user on time via notification in and out of the paytm app. There are sections in the paytm app like home page widget, my bills section(all your accounts at one place) which remind the user to pay bills on time. Users can also set up automatic bill payment and paytm will pay them automatically on the due date. System is also integrated with NPCI to bring all the billers available on BBPS to our users. We maintain recharge/bill payment history for the user for easy look back in the form of a chat like interface. Paytm has the capability to take the bill requests even when third party billers are down. Paytm recharges and bill payment system is one of the best in the industry with high success rate and large volume. It is one of the few verticals in Paytm with full CICD automation and canary auto feedback rollout tools.
About the role:
As a product designer, you will be in a fast paced environment, and your day-to-day tasks will consist of engaging with product managers and other stakeholders, to understand the requirements and creating well designed flows, high and low fidelity prototypes,and visual interfaces for a good user experience. You will use your knowledge of design, expertise and skills to design products for these specific responsibilities assigned to you.
· Work closely with cross-functional teams to gather and understand business and feature requirements.
· Translate requirements from the PRDs into concepts into wireframes and mock-ups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
· Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mock-ups optimised for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
· Request and drive user research/usability tests as needed. Collaborate with all stakeholders on high fidelity interactive prototypes, design validation and improvement.
· Work with development team to ensure high quality designs are fully actualised.
· Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, project management, business and software developers.
· Work collaboratively with other designers to ensure a consistent, integrated brand perception and user-experience.
Superpowers/ Skills that will help you succeed in this role
· A degree in design, or equivalent experience in Design. Minimum 5+Yrs of Industry experience.
· Professional experience in User Experiences on web and mobile applications.
· Have worked in a product company ecosystem.
· Deep understanding of design processes and research methodologies.
· Well organized, responsible and dedicated, with the ability to work on multiple projects and deliver refined design in a short time.
· Proficient with the tools in Design and Prototyping (Figma / Sketch).
· Fast learner and extremely self-motivated to lead. Ability to handle multiple projects in an agile, fast and dynamic environment.
Why join us?
· A collaborative output driven program that brings cohesiveness across businesses through technology
· Improve the average revenue per use by increasing the cross-sell opportunities
· A solid 360 feedback from your peer teams on your support of their goals
· Respect, that is earned, not demanded from your peers and manager
Compensation:If you are the right fit, we believe in creating wealth for you. With enviable 500 mn+ registered users, 21 mn+ merchants and depth of data in our ecosystem, we are in a unique position to democratize credit for deserving consumers & merchants – and we are committed to it. India’s largest digital lending story is brewing here. It’s your opportunity to be a part of the story!