Account Executive - Japan
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
At Paytm Labs, we are redefining the landscape of fraud prevention and management through our advanced, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions. With our dedication to innovation, we provide businesses across the globe with unique tools to safeguard their operations, fostering trust and enabling growth.
We are looking for a highly energetic, curious, and ambitious Account Executive to join our vibrant team in Tokyo. This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with a strong understanding of the Payments and Fintech space to join an international team and work on deals that make a significant impact. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in closing high-value software deals, be fluent in Japanese and have a good command of the English language, and have a passion for thriving in a dynamic work environment.
What You’ll Do
- Sales - growing revenue via prospecting, qualifying, selling, and closing enterprise client accounts.
- Analysis - through proper analysis, you identify areas of improvement and establish best practices for better sales and profits. You understand the importance of a healthy pipeline and it's up-to-date data management.
- Strategy - develop and present strategies to acquire new business, identifying the roadmap to achieve the company’s goals and objectives. Your experience in this very competitive market requires a team that is creative and adaptable to change.
- Collaborate - you understand how to work with the product designers, the product managers, and the greater sales team to ensure you are representing the product, its capabilities, and driving interest within the fintech industry. You also have no problem dealing with and communicating with senior leadership.
- Build relationships - you are a natural at managing relationships on behalf of the company. You build strong connections with all stakeholders and understand that you represent the company, the product, and the quality & expertise of our employees. You know how to get attention, interest, and trust in our product, Pi.
- Lead - through your experience and expertise, you will lead and guide the sales team and motivate and inspire all involved to work together and support each other. You are not a fan of finger-pointing, instead, you rally the team to unite and succeed as one.
You are confident and will:
- Thrive in a fast-paced sales environment, motivated by the opportunity to build a successful career in sales.
- Possess endless curiosity, ask the right questions, you know when to be patient and when to listen.
- Research and learn all you need to know about the market you are working in and the customer you are targeting.
- Know about current and emerging trends, technologies (payments, banking, regulatory, compliance, etc) in the fintech space and you have a clear understanding of our competitors in order to position yourself better in the market.
- Have a proven track record of achieving sales targets and surpassing them.
- Be passionate, with a desire to succeed alongside your teammates, you possess an exceptional work ethic that keeps you motivated and driven.
- Learn from rejection, in fact, it fuels your want to succeed even more.
- You have closed deals with an average budget of $5M per year and you have managed the full life-cycle of a deal end to end from initial contact to contract negotiations and signing, while working closely with all stakeholders.
- Great Communication and presentation skills, you know how to work the room.
- You know how to use Microsoft 365, G-Suite, have an understanding of Google Pay/Apple Pay, and have checked-out ChatGPT or other AI tools and their relevance.
- You know how to use social media to your advantage for networking and establishing strong partnerships.
- Strong time management skills, meaning you know how to use your time wisely, prioritize tasks, and evaluate time allocated to attend meetings, make phone calls, and prepare relevant material so that you are maximizing your day.
- Ability to travel within Japan and to Canada/US.
- Experience working for a non-Japanese company would be advantageous
Notice for Job Applicants
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity and uniqueness at our company. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Paytm Labs believes in diversity and equal opportunity and we will not tolerate any forms of discrimination or harassment. Our people are critical to our success and we know the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.