Internal Audit- Manager
Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
Paytm is India’s leading digital payments and financial services company, which is focused on driving consumers and merchants to its platform by offering them a variety of payment use cases. Paytm provides consumers with services like utility payments and money transfers, while empowering them to pay via Paytm Payment Instruments (PPI) like Paytm Wallet, Paytm UPI, Paytm Payments Bank Netbanking, Paytm FASTag and Paytm Postpaid - Buy Now, Pay Later. To merchants, Paytm offers acquiring devices like Soundbox, EDC, QR and Payment Gateway where payment aggregation is done through PPI and also other banks’ financial instruments. To further enhance merchants’ business, Paytm offers merchants commerce services through advertising and Paytm Mini app store. Operating on this platform leverage, the company then offers credit services such as merchant loans, personal loans and BNPL, sourced by its financial partners.
About Team :
The Internal Audit team at Paytm comprises seasoned professionals with diverse skill sets and experience across different verticals like process audits, technology audits and forensics. The team focuses on implementing the approved audit plan, ensuring delivery of qualitative audits and conducting internal / special reviews while leveraging technology & data analytics and gauging key risks across business processes.
About the role:
1. Accountable for delivering and supporting a flexible risk based audit plan that provides independent assurance and opinions with impact
2.Engaging with Functional Heads across the department to lead, resource and agree audit engagements, audit universe, risk assessments with a “one IA” team approach
3.Define and maintain the audit universe capable of informing and supporting the annual plan, and review all audit deliverables for coverage, quality and positioning
4.Produce and contribute to entity reports and opinions which successfully influence executive management to manage risk prudently within the
5.Company’s/Board risk appetite.
6.Ensure effective continuous monitoring is undertaken in support of entity assurance & planning, to input to and deliver periodic Opinions to divisions and entities as required
7.Champion and direct audit methodology for quality audit execution and be responsible for ensuring that all engagements comply with the audit methodology and leverages the tools available
8.Ensure that the strategic and operational risks across your business entity are sufficiently understood in order that an appropriate audit plan can be built and delivered
9. Ensure the production of effective engagement reports across your business entity which influence business managers to manage risk prudently within their risk appetite
10.Ensure efficient delivery of the Audit Plan and that engagements across your business entity are delivered to budget and on time thereby ensuring maximum productivity of your resources to deliver audit assurance
11.Align assurance coverage across IA and work as one team, also aligning work to other assurance providers/ audit partners, handle the proactive identification and effective management and/or escalation of conduct risk to deliver key customer outcomes
12.Comply with Our Code, all Paytm Group policies and deliver against all relevant statutory, regulatory, supervisory and legal obligations, escalating concerns where appropriate
Superpowers/ Skills that will help you succeed in this role
Manage day-to-day activities within risk appetite and display risk practices and behaviors consistent with a risk culture where risk is simply part of the way we work and think
The Skills That You Need:
1. Knowledge about the relevant business areas/products and related risks within complex financial services organization.
2. Understands the regulatory requirements relating to the business areas / products and the Audit Function
3. Good understanding of Risk Management, The Control Framework, and
4. Governance Processes in order to identify any control weaknesses and provide ongoing assurance
5. Display behaviors in line with Our Standards
Professional Qualification :
Chartered Accountant, preferably with CIA, CISA qualification
Why join us
1. A collaborative output driven program that brings cohesiveness across businesses through technology
2. Improve the average revenue per use by increasing the cross-sell opportunities
3. A solid 360 feedback from your peer teams on your support of their goals
4. Respect, that is earned, not demanded from your peers and manager
If you are the right fit, we believe in creating wealth for you
With enviable 500 mn+ registered users, 21 mn+ merchants and depth of data in our ecosystem, we are in a unique position to democratize credit for deserving consumers & merchants – and we are committed to it. India’s largest digital lending story is brewing here. It’s your opportunity to be a part of the story!
See more open positions at Paytm
Something looks off?