Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2023
Who are we?
We are a highly skilled team of innovators. We apply big data, artificial intelligence, and machine learning to bring the next generation of financial products and services to global markets. https://pi.paytm.com/
What is Pi?
The only fraud and risk management platform that orchestrates data from the entire customer journey, fighting fraud more effectively with configurable risk models in a single, easy-to-use platform.
We are a leading provider of cutting-edge software solutions, specializing in fraud risk management. Our innovative SaaS platform helps businesses mitigate fraud risks, protect sensitive data, and maintain trust with their customers.
We are looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, to work on developing large-scale big-data machine learning & solution automation toolkits and libraries. In this role, you will work with a talented engineering and data science team to develop a state-of-the-art ML framework that will enable hundreds of solutions and users, while also having the opportunity to research the latest machine learning techniques in industry and academia and then bring them into the Paytm Labs data scientist community.
What does this include?
- Collaborate closely with data scientists to transform machine learning models from prototypes into production-ready solutions; work with data engineers to create robust data pipelines, ensuring data quality and appropriate feature engineering for model inputs
- Develop and deploy monitoring solutions to track model performance, detect anomalies, and maintain model health; implement metrics to monitor and measure model and strategy impact
- Implement strategies for retraining models in response to data drift and model performance degradation
- Help to establish standards, approaches and implement required tooling and automation to support the full life cycle for model design and development which includes, but is not limited to identifying objectives, sampling, testing/validation, calibration, and monitoring performance
- Contribute to the development of predictive modeling projects using data mining techniques for estimating current and future member engagement, operational performance, or other business outcomes; apply unsupervised learning methods to augment existing supervised models, or detect portfolio anomalies
- 5+ years’ work experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or similar role.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning frameworks (Keras/Tensorflow/PyTorch etc.) and libraries (scikit-learn, etc.).
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms.
- Familiar with object-oriented design methodology and application development in Python.
- Familiar with big data-related technologies to manage large volumes of complex data (SQL, pyspark).
- Think outside of the box. Willing to have both hard work and have fun.
- Ability to work in a team and highly collaborative
- Working experience in fraud risk is a plus
- Knowledge of Scala language is a plus
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent).
Why join us?
- For the 5th year in a row, we are proud to announce that we have been certified as a ‘Great Place to Work’
- We are an open work environment that fosters collaboration, ownership, creativity, and urgency
- Flexibility with work schedule
- Enrolment in the Group Health Benefits plan from day 1, no waiting period
- Team building events on and off-site
- Fuel for the day: weekly delivery of groceries, and all types of snacks
- Catered lunches and desserts on a monthly basis
- Daily fun in the office with our competitive games of Ping Pong, Chess, FIFA, and more games, etc.
- And of course, an unlimited amount of freshly made coffee! We’re pretty serious about our coffee beans
“We pooled our knowledge of the space and our world-class engineering talent to produce Pi. It’s everything we wanted in an FRM, saving us hundreds of millions of dollars.” - Harinder Takhar, CEO
Go Big or Go Home!
Paytm Labs believes in diversity and equal opportunity and we will not tolerate any forms of discrimination or harassment. Our people are critical to our success and we know the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Paytm Labs is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.