Product Management - Vice President - Consumer Product
Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
Posted on Wednesday, November 22, 2023
About Us: Paytm is India's leading financial services company that offers full-stack payments & financial solutions to consumers, offline merchants and online platforms. The company is on a mission to bring half a billion Indians into the mainstream economy through payments, commerce, banking, investments, and financial services. One97 Communications Limited that owns the brand Paytm is founded by Vijay Shekhar Sharma and is headquartered in Noida, Uttar Pradesh. Its investors include Softbank, Ant Financial, AGH Holdings, SAIF Partners, Berkshire Hathaway, T Rowe Price and Discovery Capital.
About the team: Being one of the largest payment platforms in the country, we aim to not only ensure a seamless experience, but also a delightful journey for our customers. We strive to enrich the customer experience by making every transaction transparent, honest, and hassle-free. The Consumer Product team ensures to deliver an outstanding user experience to the Paytm Customers by understanding the user, discerning their use patterns, and designing an app that meets the user's needs.
About the role: Are you someone who loves to build products and also gets curious about technology stack being used? Have you worked in technical roles at some point in your career and enjoyed them (be it software developer, engineering manager or architect)? We are looking for Product Owners to enable delivery of high quality financial/payment products in a fast-paced, challenging, and creative environment. You will work with business heads and engineering partners to drive the strategy, roadmap, execution of a product area to build high quality products/systems.
· We would expect you to be data driven, understand user funnels and build new features and functionality
· Own the product strategy; Understand customer requirements, market gaps/ need gaps and drive feature choices
· Bring consumer first mindset and work backwards: Understand consumer pain points and business imperatives to define product roadmap and strategy.
· Constantly test their own products, create edge cases and if required should have the ability to write and define product specs from scratch
· Have the ability to be able to work with complex cross functional teams/ should be able to influence cross functional teams: Engineers, Architects, category, business & finance
· Derive insights from qualitative & quantitative data and use the same for product improvements and iterations
· Educate cross functional teams with actionable derived from deep data insights
· You will be expected to communicate openly, make decisions by creating consensus, and drive a collective obsession about your feature or product
Superpowers that will help you succeed in this role:
● B.E/B.Tech/MBA with 14+ years of overall experience and 6+ years of Product Management experience in B2C Consumer Internet/Tech/e-Commerce space.
● Should be comfortable in speaking to strangers and regulatory authorities and assertive through expertise.
● Should have worked with cross functional teams (Engineering, Marketing, Growth, Design, etc.)
● Good understanding of Product Design, Metrics, Engineering and Support.
● Willingness to experiment and improve continuously
Why join us?
With enviable 500 mn+ registered users, 21 mn+ merchants and depth of data in our ecosystem, we are in a unique position to democratize credit for deserving consumers & merchants – and we are committed to it. India’s largest digital lending story is brewing here. It’s your opportunity to be a part of the story!
Compensation: If you are the right fit, we believe in creating wealth for you