Staff Software Engineer, Payroll Tax Filings
About the Role
Join our dynamic team at Rippling and be part of a groundbreaking payroll tax filing platform built natively on Rippling's cutting-edge technology. We're not just another payroll company – we're revolutionizing the industry, and payroll is at the core of our success. As a crucial component of our business, our payroll tax filing team ensures smooth operations through highly complex workflows and ever-evolving business rules.
The Filing Factory is an exciting new team dedicated to developing a platform that allows non-technical domain experts to fully customize the intricate payroll process for our rapidly expanding customer base. With our main tech stack comprising Golang, Python, Postgres, and MongoDB, we are solving fascinating challenges that will shape the future of payroll technology.
Interesting Problems the Team is Tackling
- Creating a domain-specific language (DSL) that empowers non-technical individuals to write expressions and compute values for each form field, leveraging the extensive data managed by our system.
- Building a robust system that accurately computes and schedules payments, facilitating the movement of billions of dollars per month.
- Developing a highly available infrastructure to synchronize complex data in near real-time across multiple systems.
What you'll do
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of highly complex systems that push the boundaries of payroll technology.
- Guide and mentor team members to deliver high-quality designs and implementations, fostering a culture of excellence.
- Bring a holistic perspective, collaborating across the Payroll organization and Rippling, to propose creative solutions to challenging problems.
- Engage with stakeholders from various teams to drive new initiatives and enhance collaboration.
- 6+ years of software development experience, demonstrating a deep understanding of the development lifecycle.
- 2+ years of experience in technical and team leadership, showcasing your ability to guide and inspire others.
- Proficiency in relational databases such as Postgres, leveraging your strong understanding of data management.
- Experience building large-scale backend systems, showing your expertise in handling complex technical challenges.
- Hands-on coding skills, coupled with strong design and architectural abilities, enabling you to drive innovation.
- A proven track record of taking initiative and successfully leading projects, demonstrating your proactive and results-oriented approach.
- Strong product intuition, allowing you to contribute valuable insights to shape the future direction of our payroll systems.
- Nice to have: Familiarity with Golang, Kubernetes, and cloud infrastructure, which will enhance your ability to contribute to our tech stack.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
Tier 1: $198,000 - $279,000/year
Tier 2: $178,000 - $252,000/year
Tier 3: $168,000 - $238,000/year
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Commuter, Life, and Disability Benefits
- Uncapped PTO
- Flexible work hours
- Generous parental leave
- Transgender health insurance coverage
- Great compensation package (salary, equity)
- Onsite meals
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
Something looks off?