Senior Software Engineer - Portugal
Join us as a Senior Software Engineer in Europe and take the lead on Global Payroll (our latest billion dollar vertical), focused on our largest and most complex markets in Europe. You'll work directly with top engineers to create something truly innovative and impactful. This is a role of high ownership, impact, and visibility, with a direct impact on Rippling's growth and success.
In this role, you'll have the chance to wear many hats, from writing and reviewing code to becoming an expert in the product area and working on go-to-market initiatives. You'll also play a key role in shaping the team's culture and organization, helping us scale as we tackle complex engineering and business challenges.
Be the lead engineer on launching Portugal (driving millions in revenue) while building the foundation for our next 50 countries.
Implementing an S-expression based calculator to handle millions of calculations per second
Abstraction of complex networks to build a generic API framework capable of moving billions of dollars
Taking a foundational role in shaping both the engineering systems (such as Rust, Postgres, etc.) and the complex business initiatives that drive the success of the product.
Join us and make a lasting impact on Rippling's growth and success!
- 6+ years of experience in a production environment - Our stack is Python, Django, React, MongoDB, and AWS - this is nice to have but not necessary to join
- Native speaker or fluency in Portuguese
- Experience working at a high growth startup
- You care about product ownership and solving problems for our customers
- You’re passionate about being in a product-focused environment where everyone cares deeply about customer impact
Something looks off?