Staff Software Engineer - Billing
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2023
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world's top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Bedrock, and Greenoaks—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500)
About The Billing Team
Rippling supports 30+ first-party products and resells many hundreds more via Rippling’s software app store. The Billing Team manages and scales Rippling billing infrastructure to enable sales teams to seamlessly sell these products via its contract, subscriptions, discount management platform and customer support/success teams to seamlessly manage customer payments and drive further cross-sell, upsell and adoption. The team manages multiple different payment rails, is responsible for invoicing and collections from our clients and is also responsible for building usage-based billing and marketplace revenue infrastructure of the Rippling app store. The billing Team also ensures that company investors, boards, and CXOs get a complete picture of the company’s current and future revenue at any given time.
About The Role
We’re looking for Staff Engineers to take the Billing and subscriptions platform to the next level. This is a high ownership, impact, and visibility role in building a platform that will directly impact Rippling’s growth. Run out of Bangalore, this role requires cross-functional collaboration across every product vertical and function. We are gearing up for unknown unknowns as we enter new markets and support new subscription models.
- Collaborate with Product Management and other stakeholders within Engineering (Frontend, UX, etc.) to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment. Wear a product manager hat when needed.
- Drive innovation toward a world-class platform.
- Build features that solve technical problems of high scope and complexity.
- Participate in planning activities, perform code reviews, and contribute to a growing team.
- Provide mentorship for Senior Engineers on your team to help them grow in their technical responsibilities and remove blockers to their autonomy.
Who You Are:
- You care about product ownership and solving problems for our customers.
- You’re passionate about being in a product-focused environment where everyone cares deeply about customer impact.
- 10+ years of relevant professional work experience
- Experience building a large-scale platform for web
- Knowledge of building services with Python is a plus
- Strong CS knowledge
- Bonus points if you’ve built a frontend web app
- Tech stack you will be working on Python, Django, MongoDB
See more open positions at Rippling
Something looks off?