Tech Lead Manager
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2023
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world's top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Bedrock, and Greenoaks—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500)
About the role
Join us as a Tech Lead Manager for Global Payroll and take the lead in shaping the future of a billion dollar vertical. This is a rare opportunity to bring your drive, initiative, and technical acumen to a high-growth role where you’ll have an immediate, direct impact on millions in revenue.
You'll have the exciting challenge of growing the most important project at the company, with the freedom and responsibility to build a world-class team from the ground floor. You’ll be a hands-on lead to create the foundational products and platform for Rippling’s international expansion. This is a high-ownership role that offers immense growth potential and a chance to shape the future of a rapidly expanding company. You’ll have the space to use your blend of business and technical acumen to implement and deliver an industry-leading vision.
Interesting problems that you could own:
- Launch Rippling’s Global Payroll Product in the Netherlands, Spain, or Portugal. Play a hands-on role in not only the engineering foundation but also the business and product direction.
- Build the foundational process and systems to scale and launch the next 10 countries in Europe.
- Build a team of high performing engineers from 0->1, growing engineers into leads, and leads into managers.
What you will do
- Contribute to the code hands on, drive product delivery, and enforce engineering best practices.
- Set the direction of your team. Anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges and create an actionable plan to solve them.
- Be responsible for growing and developing a team of hardworking and motivated engineers.
- Lead processes related to objectives definitions & regular career pathing process with the team members.
- Be comfortable with navigating ambiguous requirements and comfortable identifying processes which aren't working or are non-existent and changing them.
- Collaborate with the sales, product, support, and operations teams to prioritize growing our team.
What you will need
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 1+ years of prior experience leading a team as a manager, staff engineer, or TLM
- Hands-on development experience using Python, Django, MongoDB, React, AWS
- Experience working at a high growth startup
- Excited about building a team and culture at a foundational level
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding customer-centric mindset
See more open positions at Rippling
Something looks off?