Global Operations Manager
Remote · United States
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world's top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Bedrock, and Greenoaks—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500)
About the role
We're looking for an experienced operator to lead our Global Payroll Operations team at Rippling. We are rapidly expanding Rippling to serve the needs of employees and employers all over the world. Our Payroll Operations team plays a critical role in ensuring the success of our global payroll products, which are natively built and fully integrated with Rippling’s broader suite of products.
This role will require impeccable project management skills and a willingness to directly contribute to the day-to-day operational needs of our Global Payroll products. You will own all operational aspects of the team and drive our expansion into new payroll products and geographies. To accomplish this, you will need to develop strong cross-functional processes with Product, Engineering, Support, Compliance / Legal, and Sales. This is an exciting role that requires significant cross-departmental engagement with a major impact on the product and customer experience.
What you will do
With a strong focus on process definition and operational excellence, this critical leader ensures excellent service and execution of our Global Payroll offering for our customers.
- Build reliable and repeatable business processes to deliver excellent customer experience. Develop playbooks, operating procedures, and communication processes in collaboration with technology, finance, and product partners
- Measure and analyze operational performance to drive improved service and customer experience
- Play a critical role in the launch of our global Employee Of Record (EOR) offering and the development of natively build payroll software
- Drive issue resolution on behalf of our customers through research and communication with various government agencies
- Enable and foster a culture of excellent organizational performance through internal and cross-functional initiatives and leading cross-functional projects to optimize performance.
- Build and develop a team of Global Payroll Specialists as we expand coverage of Rippling payroll across the world– your team! (15+ expected by January 2024)
- Work closely with Global Payroll Engineering and Product teams to ensure that:
- Natively built payroll software supports key tax compliance requirements; bugs and product issues (e.g., calculation errors, file generation errors) are quickly addressed
- Internal tooling requirements are properly prioritized and delivered
- Customer issues are addressed in a timely manner
What you will need
- Strong project management and organizational skills: high attention to detail with excellent work product, time management, and execution
- Strong analytical skills, as evidenced by your ability to make data-driven decisions to improve operational efficiency
- 5+ years in payroll and/or tax; preferably in a global environment of at least 2-3 countries
- Ability to operate in a fast paced startup environment; no one day at Rippling is like the other. Changing scope, timelines, and product capabilities are part of everyday life here
- Strong communication skills; ability to interface with our partners and government agencies
- Experience leading an overseas technical and/or operations team are a plus
- Nice to have: Payroll / Tax experience in a global
- Experience in payroll, financial services, or fintech is a plus
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
Tier 1: $120,000 - $163,000/yr
Tier 2: $108,000 - $147,000/yr
Tier 3: $102,000 - $139,000/yr
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.