Senior Staff Software Engineer-Reports Product & Platform
Software Engineering, Product
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2023
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world's top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Bedrock, and Greenoaks— and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500)
About the role
The Reports Product & Platform team is responsible for providing comprehensive, accessible cross-application data insights across the customers' organization. Our products include reporting, dashboards, data analytics, etc. which help customers view, understand and use their data to make informed business decisions.
This engineering role will be responsible for building the foundation that powers the Reports Product & Platform at Rippling. You will be responsible for leading large scale cross-org projects that touch many parts of the stack and have implications both on the long term of the engineering org as well as the business. There are challenges for the team that build for scalability to massive scale, and to platformize our products with unified and consistent experience.
This is a unique opportunity to work on both product and platform layers at the same time. We obsess over the scalability and extensibility of platform solutions, ensuring that solutions will meet the needs across the breadth of Rippling's product suite, along with the applications of tomorrow. The Reports Product & Platform is a highly visible team that collaborates closely with many product and engineering teams across the organization.
What you will do
- Be a technical subject matter expert, provide technical leadership and share your expertise with a growing team of engineers
- Continuously raise our standard of engineering excellence by implementing and driving best practices for coding, testing, and deployment
- Interact with customers and support them in being successful with Rippling
- Influence technology selections and trends of the whole company
- Ship incrementally and continually at high velocity
- Drive automated solutions that enable better efficiency and process improvement
- 12+ years of software engineering experience, with 5+ years in technical lead or architect roles
- Experience building large-scale distributed systems, such as high-volume SaaS environments
- Preferred experience in distributed processing engines and distributed databases of large-scale data set
- Preferred experience in quantitative analysis on large-scale data
- Excellent ability to communicate complex technical ideas with clarity and precision in written and verbal modes across multiple functional teams
- A track record of influencing and enabling forward-thinking technology decisions across a wide organization
See more open positions at Rippling
Something looks off?