Senior Software Engineer, Risk
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world's top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Bedrock, and Greenoaks—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500)
About the role
Join Rippling's Risk Engineering team and play a vital role in shaping the future of our financial infrastructure services. As a member of our team, you'll have the opportunity to manage and mitigate the diverse fraud, credit, and compliance risks that arise in the global financial ecosystem. Your expertise will contribute to the seamless operation of our payroll, PEO, and other financial products, ensuring a best-in-class user experience for our rapidly expanding customer base.
What you will do
- Empower Rippling's ecosystem: Develop cutting-edge platform systems that drive the evaluation of user lifecycle events, enabling us to identify and address fraud, credit, and operational risks efficiently and effectively.
- Foster customer protection: Create a robust framework for implementing customer-level risk controls across our comprehensive suite of Rippling products. Your work will directly contribute to safeguarding our customers' financial well-being.
- Architect and maintain essential tools: Lead the development and maintenance of tools used by the risk organization to analyze customer activity and implement risk policies. By ensuring the availability of advanced analytical capabilities, you will empower our team to stay ahead of emerging risks.
- Collaborate across teams: Partner closely with various product teams to implement risk controls that combat fraud and credit risk. Your strong communication skills and technical expertise will enable seamless collaboration and foster a cohesive risk management approach across the organization.
- Drive data integration: Build data ingestions and integrations with third-party systems to support our risk data needs. By harnessing the power of data, you will enhance our ability to make informed decisions and proactively address potential risks.
What you will need
- Experience building scalable web platforms: Your background in developing robust and scalable web platforms will be instrumental in driving the success of our risk management initiatives.
- Strong backend engineering skills: Your technical expertise in backend engineering will allow you to design and implement powerful risk management systems that meet the needs of our dynamic financial ecosystem.
- Frontend experience (preferred but not required): While not mandatory, having frontend experience will be advantageous as it enables you to collaborate seamlessly with frontend engineers and contribute to delivering exceptional user experiences.
- Experience working with anti-fraud or anti-risk (preferred but not required): If you have prior experience in anti-fraud or anti-risk domains, it will be a valuable asset in understanding the intricacies of risk management within the financial landscape.
- Thrive in a talented team: You are driven to be part of an exceptional team of forward-thinking engineers who are at the forefront of innovation in the industry. Your passion for collaboration and continuous learning will make you a valuable asset to our team.
- Outsmart potential malicious actors: Your dedication to outsmarting potential malicious actors demonstrates your commitment to protecting our customers and the integrity of the financial ecosystem.
Join Rippling's Risk Engineering team today and embark on an exciting journey where you can make a significant impact, advance your skills, and shape the future of risk management in the global financial landscape.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here
Tier 1: $168,000 - $237,000/year
Tier 2: $151,000 - $214,000/year
Tier 3: $142,000 - $202,000/year
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above based on these considerations.
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Commuter, Life and Disability Benefits
- Uncapped PTO and flexible work hours
- Free onsite lunch
- Generous parental leave
- Transgender health insurance coverage
- Great compensation package (salary, equity)
- Fun, casual atmosphere and meeting-light culture
See more open positions at Rippling
Something looks off?