VP, Enterprise Sales
Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, and Bedrock—and was named one of America’s best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500).
About the role
As our VP, Enterprise Sales, you will lead and develop a team of Enterprise Sales Directors and Account Executives for a fast-paced, high-growth company. Your leadership will be key to driving the growth of Rippling’s Enterprise business. You will lead and build a team including recruiting, onboarding, ongoing training and development of your team. You will lead the Enterprise organization from strategy development to execution to achieve our sales and revenue targets as an integral part of Rippling’s growth. This position reports to our VP of Sales, North America.
What you will do
- Be responsible for the Enterprise ARR goal and be responsible for driving top line revenue for the business. Accurately forecast the business.
- Lead a team of Enterprise AE leaders and an organization of Enterprise AE's. Set the vision and priorities for both the direct AE team as well as key cross-functional partner organizations.
- Be responsible for all financial and headcount planning for the Enterprise segment in partnership with Finance and Revenue Ops. Develop and manage the initiatives, programs and plans required to achieve revenue targets.
- Be responsible for the entire recruiting process for hiring both leaders and AE's. Partner with the recruiting team to target the right profiles and hire the best talent.
- Develop the existing leadership team while also growing and developing new future leaders. Build a great culture of personal accountability, owning your own results, and creating a ‘winning locker room’ where we win together and celebrate the wins.
- Ensure consistent alignment with the Marketing organization. Partner to drive growth via demand generation, thought leadership and ABM. Partner with Marketing to help to continue to evolve the Rippling ‘pitch’ and sales materials. Partner on messaging, programs, ideal customer profiles, etc
- Partner with enablement to help onboard and ramp new AE's/Managers, evolve skill/talent development programs and product-based trainings. Ensure training extends beyond bootcamp, and that you play an active role in teaching the sales org great sales acumen.
- Partner with Rippling Executive team as well as cross-functional leaders on Enterprise strategy.
What you will need
- High energy — we move fast at Rippling. We offer lots of support and collaboration, but also provide autonomy to make decisions and require an owner mindset from VP roles.
- Be decisive, make quick decisions, and get input from others but we put an emphasis on executing quickly. Don’t let perfect be the enemy of good.
- Phenomenal team and organizational leadership experience and skills to manage an Enterprise sales organization at a hyper-growth company
- Experience leading teams and directly selling in Enterprise deal cycles when prospective customers buy in 3 - 12 month sales cycles.
- Experience selling enterprise deals with an ACV (annual contract value) of $50k - $1M.
- Experience as a 3rd line leader
- Track record of success in similar roles at other SaaS companies who have experienced high growth and a fast moving environment.
- Open mind. We collaborate at Rippling and the best idea wins, there are no egos. We have incredibly high ambitions and we approach every problem willing to think from first principles to try and find a way to get it done.