Staff Engineer - Payroll Tax Payments
Accounting & Finance
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2023
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, and Bedrock—and was named one of America’s best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500).
About the Role:
The Payroll Team builds the full-service payroll product that manages all of the core payroll processing functionality - managing domestic and international payments, handling state and federal tax filing requirements and managing third-party integrations for time and attendance, accounting and pre-tax benefits like 401k, medical deductions. It has an admin portal and an employee-facing app.
As a Staff Engineer, you will own/design/develop end-to-end features/modules in product development. You'll be influencing the product spec for an owned feature, designing the backend and wiring it with the frontend to launch. Once launched, you'll be responsible for any further improvements to the feature.
- Engineer and maintain innovative, customer centric, high performance, secure and robust solutions
- Confidently ship moderate/large features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects
- Solve technical problems of the highest scope and complexity of your team
- Own and implement production-quality features for our products.
- Translate high-level business requirements into a software design; communicate the designs to the other developers in the team.
- Review and share feedback on code, features, technology, architecture, and designs.
- Implement comprehensive unit tests for confirming functionality and the quality of code. Ensure high-quality code and related documentation.
- Seek/fix performance and scalability issues and define/follow best practices to ensure & enhance system uptime and reliability.
- Provide mentorship junior engineers on your team to help them grow in their technical responsibilities and remove blockers to their autonomy
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years of programming experience
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of the duties
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Infectious passion for solving real customer pain points
- Experience in building scalable distributed systems
- Experience with web technologies and system design
- Experience in high performance organization, preferably a tech startup
- Enterprise software & Product company experience
- Experience working with global or otherwise multicultural team