Staff Software Engineer - Universal Object Platform
- Constructing a unified query layer for accessing data across multiple storage layers.
- Designing algorithms to optimize specific data access patterns.
- Creating a domain-specific language that allows engineers to interact with these foundational elements.
- Establishing a generic data persistence layer that spans across Rippling's entire technology stack (similar to building GCP Firebase).
- Developing fundamental abstractions/frameworks that enable engineers to create OLAP or OLTP-oriented applications.
- 8+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience building large-scale distributed systems, such as high-volume SaaS environments
- Preferred experience in building out large scale product infrastructures/platforms
- Preferred experience in our technology stack- Python, Django, Golang, React, MongoDB, Presto, Pinot, Kafka, AWS
- Ability to thrive in an dynamic environment by identifying areas of impact and independently pursuing them
- A track record of influencing and enabling forward-thinking technology decisions across a wide organization
- Excellent ability to communicate complex technical ideas with clarity and precision in written and verbal modes
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.