Staff Software Engineer - Compute Infrastructure
- Solve problems on deployment infrastructure - in unconventional ways at times
- Conceive and build tools that make developers efficient and push high-quality code
- Work on home-grown frameworks and enhancements
- Help in evolving Rippling architecture as we rapidly scale and decouple our monolith
- Design scalable and robust systems
- Build relationships with developers across all of our teams to understand and satisfy their needs
- 8+ years of professional work experience in Cloud Infrastructure
- Experience with build, development, or release systems (e.g. Git, Jenkins, Chef, Docker)
- Backend development / Python experience is a big plus
- Empathy towards other engineers and a focus on building scalable distributed systems
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.