Software Engineer II, Global Payroll
Software Engineering, Accounting & Finance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2023
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world's top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Bedrock, and Greenoaks—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500)
We Are Engineering-First.
Today 30% of Rippling is engineers, product managers, and designers. For our first three years, engineers owned the product without any support. Of course, we’ve grown a lot since then. But our culture remains engineering-led. Want to create something from nothing? Our team has 50+ ex-founders who will teach you how. More interested in scaling a product? Learn from Rippling engineers who cut their teeth at places like Google, Facebook, and Amazon.
About The Role
We are seeking engineers to join Rippling's next billion-dollar vertical and make a significant impact. Working closely with our top engineers, you will contribute to building a groundbreaking product that will drive Rippling's growth. This role offers high ownership, visibility, and the opportunity to work on novel projects.
As an engineer at Rippling, you will have diverse responsibilities beyond coding. You will become an expert in your product area, engaging with users, shaping the product roadmap, and contributing to go-to-market initiatives. Being an early member of the team, you will also play a key role in shaping the team's culture and organization for scalability.
Exciting Challenges for the Team:
- Build an S-expression based calculator capable of handling millions of calculations per second.
- Abstract complex networks to create a versatile API framework facilitating billion-dollar transactions.
- Contribute to engineering systems and drive complex business initiatives.
What You'll Do
- Develop high-quality software with meticulous attention to detail.
- Continuously ship incremental updates at a rapid pace.
- Collaborate with the sales teams to prioritize enhancements that drive revenue growth.
- Interact with customers, providing support to ensure their success with Rippling.
- Become the go-to expert on Rippling's customers and competition.
- 3+ years of experience in a production environment - Our stack is Python, Django, React, MongoDB, and AWS - this is nice to have but not necessary to join
- You care about product ownership and solving problems for our customers
- You’re passionate about being in a product-focused environment where everyone cares deeply about customer impact
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Commuter, Life and Disability Benefits
- Uncapped PTO and flexible work hours
- Free onsite lunch
- Generous parental leave
- Transgender health insurance coverage
- Great compensation package (salary, equity)
- Fun, casual atmosphere and meeting-light culture